Our client has a wealth of experience in ladies fashion apparel and are now beginning a new venture. They are a fashion importer of childrenswear and womenswear to the UK high street, across wovens, knit and jersey. They have an excellent opportunity for a Product Developer to join their Shanghai team, working with factories in the Shanghai region and Guangzhou.
Product Developer - The Role:
- The role reports into the Head of Technical.
- Liaising with factories in the region of Shanghai and mainland China, monitoring the critical path on a daily basis to ensure that production schedules are met.
- Negotiating prices, lead times,minimums etc, working closely with UK team.
- Manage all stages of the product development process to ensure critical dates are met.
- Creation, monitoring and instigating the critical path.
- Ensuring that garments are being produced correctly.
- Work across team functions to monitor the development of the product.
- Supplying manufacturers with information including bar codes, ticketing,packaging etc and ensuring they are correctly applied.
- Providing information to support the sales teams.
Product Developer - The Candidate:
- A solid knowledge of working within a similar role is essential.
- Previous experience of working with UK high street retailers is essential.
- Must be a good team player.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of word & excel.
- Strong English language skills.
Product Developer - The Package:
- Competitive depending upon experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75668599