Leading, global Media Group are looking for a technically sound, recently qualified (ACA, ACCA or similar), ideally from an Accounting Practice, to join their Central London based UK Group Finance team.
As part of a small Finance team, the Finance Manager will have 'hands-on' responsibility for all elements of the workload, including review of invoices/expenses, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and departmental costs centre reports. This requires the position holder to be comfortable in all elements of the production of financial and management accounts using Microsoft Excel (with downloads from Great Plains, the corporate accounting system) and completion of the compliance side of the Finance function, such as tax reporting, statutory accounts preparation, Sarbanes Oxley, external audit, and general correspondence on all matters.
As a manager, the position holder will manage the 4 finance staff's logistical/job scheduling and determine priorities as well as assisting the Financial Controller and Finance Director with any ad hoc duties and ensuring deadlines are met. As a team player, the position holder needs to be flexible and willing to assist in any area and on any task that best enables the department to meet its targets.
Reporting to the Financial Controller in a team of 7, duties will include:
- Monthly reporting of Operational and Holding Co entities including reporting to the US on HFM (corporate reporting package) as well as production of reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, journals for accruals, prepayments, etc;
- Monthly forecasting of Operational entities overheads in Cognos;
- Forecasting of overheads and cash flow;
- Review Leasing forecasts;
- Review of Fixed Asset register:
- Review control accounts (including bank reconciliations) for Treasury entities;
- Review EC quarterly Sales List, quarterly VAT returns and annual European VAT recovery;
- Manage process for recharging of a variety of costs to group companies and ensuring intercompany balances match at month end;
- Preparation of National Statistic forms and other requirements;
- Preparation of statutory accounts;
- Quarterly tax calculations and annual completion of ITDC (US tax reporting system);
- Liaise with KPMG - external auditors;
- Perform quarterly Sarbanes Oxley Testing;
- Twice yearly calculation of retained earnings;
- Review all journals prepared by staff for posting to Great Plains (accounting software) for Treasury entities;
- Approval of AP processing such as review and approval of overhead invoices through CORE and company staff expense claims;
- Approval of payments via Treasury as well as monthly payment and expense runs.
- Management of 4 staff to include regular monitoring of workload and periodic performance reviews.
This role is well suited for a newly qualified ACA candidate from Practice looking for their first foray into Commerce and Industry.
- Newly qualified ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Strong preference for large accounting Practice background, although Industry experience or smaller Practice experience will also be considered
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Systems savvy, including strong Excel experience including Pivot Tables and complex formulas
- Staff management experience would be useful but is not a requirement
- An excellent level of organisational skills with great attention to detail is extremely important, as well as a flexible and outgoing attitude.
- You should be a self-starter and have the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- You should have a sense of humour and enjoy working, proactively, as part of the finance team.
- Excellence time management to ensure tight reporting timetables are met.Business
- Good people skills at all levels, including senior management.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75562242