Assistant Accountant - 12 Month Maternity Cover
Page Personnel are working with a professional services client in the centre of Bristol in order to appoint an Assistant Management Accountant for a 12 Month Maternity cover.
A reputable organisation that offers a professional service to a range of clients.
Initial preparation of group management accounts focusing in particular on:
- Sales and Purchase ledger reconciliation.
- Preparation of Payroll journals and reconciliation of associated GL codes,
including manpower capitalisation.
- Maintaining and reconciling the fixed assets register and depreciation charges.
- Working with the Accounts Assistant to complete bank account reconciliations.
- Aged Debtor reconciliation for Kings Court Trust Ltd, including preparation of
analysis for monthly board pack.
- Calculation of interest debtor journal and reconciliation of associated bank
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments.
- Working with the Finance Manager and management team to manage spend against
budget across key cost centres.
- Intercompany balance management, ensuring appropriate cross-charging of costs to
the relevant corporate entity.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns. The role has responsibility for
understanding and implementing correct HMRC VAT rules across the business with
particular focus on VAT recoverability for particular cost types.
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecast and analysis of previous forecasts against
actual performance to ensure accuracy of future forecast. The role-holder must gain a
swift understanding of the key cash inputs and outputs throughout the year in order to
ensure the accuracy of the cash flow forecast.
- Supporting Finance Manager in delivery of annual audit and preparation of statutory accounts for all corporate entities.
- Balance sheet reconciliation.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
To be successful in this role as a Management Accountant you will need to have experience in a similar role already.
Competitive salary and benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76722556