Mechanical Design Engineer- Inventor,FEA,CAD steel, aluminium, metal
A motivated mechanical design engineer/ 3D Design engineer professional is required for our exclusive market leading design manufacturing client based in the Southampton region of Hampshire to work on full life cycle designs for a variety of their clients within the automotive, military and defence, telecoms and broadcast industries. This exciting role would suit an experienced or motivated qualified mechanical design professional with CAD design experience (ideally Inventor but other 3D Design packages such as Solidworks, Solidedge, PRO-E, SDRC are of interest) and experience of FEA Tools. In return there is a good salary package circa £30k-£35k dependent on skills and experience plus benefits including contributory pension scheme. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation offering career development for the right mechanical design engineer professional. Apply now!
My client would be interested in candidates who have worked from shop floor levels eg cnc machining through to draughting into design, designing metal structures, anyone who has a good understanding of design of structures /components using aluminium, stainless steel, composite materials. Mechanical Design Graduates or HNC, HND professionals with 3D design experience and good FEA such as ANSYS are welcome.
The ideal mechanical design engineer / 3D Inventor Design engineer will have the following skills and experiences;
- Mechanical design experience with a 3D CAD Package – Inventor but other 3D Design packages such as Solidworks, Solid edge, PRO-E, SDRC
- Experience of FEA tools, ideally ANSYS but other FEA tools are of interest
- Experience in mechanical design capacity / commercial design experience in any of these industries/ using these materials and components is of interest; manufacturing, engineering, industries working with steel, aluminium, stainless steel structures, CNC machining, shop floor design, metal structures, construction design, composites, telescopic tubes, pistons, seals
- Mechanical engineering qualifications- time served engineers, HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar (qualifications are desirable but not as important as experience/ drive)
- Understanding of pneumatics (desirable)
- Some electrical controls knowledge or 3D printing knowledge /experience would be advantageous but not essential
Reporting into the Design Team leader and working with the small design engineering team, the key responsibilities of this mechanical design engineer role are;
- Producing engineering drawings for new products from conceptual design through to full production drawings using 3D CAD (Inventor) for parametric modelling;
- Using Autocad for engineering change requests on existing and historical designs
- Creating instruction manuals and product specifications.
- Producing designs for new and existing products working with a variety of materials and components.
A full job description will be discussed and submitted to suitable design engineer candidates upon application.
To apply please email your CV with your salary expectations and availability and how you meet my client’s mechanical design engineering criteria.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76104032