Change Specialist - Application Delivery Project Manager
We're looking for an experienced IT Project Manager focussed on Application Delivery who will be accountable for delivery of a significant portfolio of UK IT projects & initiatives. This may include the delivery, upgrade and maintenance of large applications or deliveries with the potential to span multiple Platforms and Technologies.
You will define, lead and drive the projects whilst managing and controlling large or specialist teams to undertake the day-to-day delivery of a comprehensive functional UK IT service and/or complex IT projects.
- Responsible for the E2E delivery of IT projects according to agreed plan (cost & time), agreed scope, IT standards & quality.
- To identify, understand, plan and manage technology dependencies and critical path within the UK technologies.
- Responsible for working to assure technology readiness.
- Responsible for the building effective and efficient IP in the key domains for the UK (see qualifications, training and experience section below).
- To establish and manage effective and trusted relationships with key UK stakeholders and IT project stakeholders.
- Responsible for driving the UK IT strategy for 'out of the box' and 'simplification' into the IT Project delivery process.
- Lead the IT team(s) in translating business requirements into IT plans & deliveries.
- Responsible for ensuring robust & accurate IT estimate submissions are produced, aligning to the UK IT strategies.
- To align with the appropriate IT project governance and reporting frameworks within UK.
- Ensure robust and measurable IT submissions exist for each project, with clearly identified and traceable commercial outcomes at all times.
- Effectively engage and manage the dependencies with Bupa IT shared services.
- Effectively engage and manage external vendors.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance of IT projects to applicable regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for IT plan & critical path
- Responsible for IT project execution and monitoring
- Responsible for IT project activity definition, sequencing, duration and schedule development
- To have strong knowledge and expertise in IT project management, specifically Application Delivery
- To have excellent interpersonal skills, empathy and at times fortitude and resilience.
- Focused, driven and highly results oriented and focussed on adding value to Bupa.
- To have experience / appreciation in technology & application deliveries in some or all of the following components:
- Microsoft SQL
- Workflow & CRM technologies
- Working to Agile/Waterfall Methodologies
- SharePoint technologies
- Cloud based Services (Azure)
- IT Compliance
- Infrastructure technologies (Windows/Unix/PaaS/IaaS/SaaS)
In return you will be rewarded with excellent benefits - including 25 days holiday, free healthcare, an onsite gym and a subsidised canteen. You'll also be supported in developing your skills with ongoing training and career opportunities.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit www.bupa.co.uk
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil,
Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand, Thailand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76732903