It is important that the successful candidate possesses strong copywriting ability.
A Bristol law firm seeking to engage a Communications Executive.
* Work with the Corporate Communications Manager to generate engaging content from a range of sources and for digital, traditional and social media audiences.
* Work with the Corporate Communications Manager to build effective relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
* Work with the Corporate Communications Manager to build effective relationships with key trade, regional, national and international media.
* Assist in representing the firm at appropriate external events and/or media-related briefings.
* Work with the Corporate Communications Manager and external media agency on managing, maintaining & distributing the firm's press coverage and cuttings.
* Engage with a range of day-to-day press office management duties, helping to ensure fast and effective lines of communication with key stakeholders across the business.
* Act as the first port-of-call for media enquiries in the absence of the Corporate Communications Manager.
* Work with the Corporate Communications Manager to produce and proof effective, accurate press releases and news stories on behalf of the firm and its various business sectors.
* Proofread press material in line with the firm's style and language guide.
* Maintain and manage the various Press Office pages on the website, making necessary amendments and uploading content appropriate for external audiences.
* Take an active role in sourcing original and engaging content for the firm's social media channels, particularly LinkedIn and Twitter.
* Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
* Work with the Corporate Communications Manager to generate monthly, quarterly and annual reports on media activity for a range of audiences.
* Work with the Internal Communications Manager in sourcing, researching, writing and editing stories for the firm's internal communications channels
* Work with the Internal Communications Manager in delivering the monthly departmental report for the board
* Maintain the firm's media lists and journalist contact database.
* Have a thirst for knowledge, news, information and the media.
* Have media contacts in trade media e.g. Real Estate, Employment, Corporate
* Have experience in a communications, PR agency, journalism or newsroom environment.
* Relish the challenge of developing relationships with stakeholders at every level of the business.
* Have strong writing and literacy skills and able to adapt style to different audiences and channels.
* Have an eye for detail.
* Be technology literate and have some experience of suitable applications of technology in communications and media relations.
* Have experience in the effective use of social media and media monitoring
* Have experience in managing multiple workloads and large projects and meeting deadlines.
* Be degree educated or equivalent professional training.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76718996