IT Application Support Engineer
Michael Page are working closely with a multinational logistics firm, specialising in the automotive sector. Due to their consistent growth, they are now looking to add to their talented internal technical support team, and are recruiting for a highly-driven, motivated IT Application Support Engineer to provide expert support across their Warehouse Management Systems and wider IT estate as part of their IT support team.
- You will be joining a global logistics firm, who's core focus is on the provision of logistical support to the automotive industry.
- The company work with some of the leading brands within the industry, such as Jaguar Land Rover, BMW and Rolls Royce.
- With a central hub near Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham, they are experts in the provision of warehouse management solutions and stock management services, with a stand-out reputation of excellence in a fast-paced industry.
- They are responsible for managing the warehouses and distribution of key automotive parts across the globe to their client base.
- The business have very exciting expansion plans, and are aiming to double in size by 2021, so it's a fantastic time to be joining them.
- As the IT Application Support Engineer, you will be providing technical support on the Warehouse Management Systems to a wide and diverse customer base of leading automotive firms.
- You will also be providing general IT support, which will be focused around a Windows environment, covering 1st/2nd line support across Windows 7, Active Directory and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- You will be working within a fast-paced team-based environment, responsible for providing remote-based guidance to customers via telephone and email on a variety of system issues.
- You will have excellent long-term career development opportunities, through to Systems Analyst/Development/3rd Line Support levels, all within a leading, international firm.
- You will be working on a rotational shift pattern. This will operate from 6am-2pm, and 2pm-10pm Monday to Friday, rotating every 2 weeks.
- As the IT Application Support Engineer, you will ideally have experience working with, and supporting, Warehouse Management Systems, ideally within a logistics environment.
- You will have a good understanding of 2nd line IT support issues. This will be based within a Windows environment, covering desktop support of Windows 7, Active Directory administration, and Office Suite support.
- You will possess excellent communication skills, with the professionalism to provide a high level of customer service and support to a wide array of prestigious clients.
- You will have the ability to work within a pressurised environment, delivering service on-time within strict deadlines.
- You will ideally be based in Birmingham, and have your own transport.
£24,000 + company benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76736641