SVQ Assessor Childhood Practice
- Be responsible for the effective support of students assigned.
- Take the lead role in the assessment of observed candidate performance.
- Assess SVQ portfolios relevant to the students assigned.
- Verify SVQ portfolios for other assessors as required.
- Undertake a guidance role for students.
- Comply with the college policy on quality, guidance and student welfare.
- Monitor the progress of students.
- Keep abreast of current developments which may be relevant to College activity and future direction;
- promote and encourage Equality & Diversity in all aspects of College operations;
- respect the confidentiality of matters relating to learners and staff;
- understand and comply with the requirements of the regulatory framework for colleges in particular the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act;
- ensure the Health and Safety of staff and students in all aspects of College activity by exercising a duty of care for personal health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions; and
- carry out any other duty commensurate with the post as required by the Head of Community and Information Services.
- Educated to HNC level 7 or above;
- Learning and Development Awards; and
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Registerable qualification acceptable to the SSSC for Childhood Practice Level 7
Demonstrable Knowledge of:
- Assessing students portfolios.
Skills and Competencies:
- Occupationally competent and experienced;
- Effective organisation and management skills to contribute to the development and delivery of Faculty objectives;
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with key partners and stakeholders;
- Ability to initiate and support innovation and promote change;
- Ability to plan and deliver effective and responsive information services;
- Ability to undertake partnership work and raise the college's profile externally; and
- Carry out functions according to current sector practice.
- Significant experience assessing
See also: SVQ Assessor Childhood Practice.docx
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76717744