Assistant Director of Finance
I am currently partnering with a leading National Charity to recruit an Assistant Director of Finance for their Merseyside team.
The role will involve assisting the region/nation Director in the development and management of the region/nation and its localities, through the provision of excellent financial management and business planning
Leading Charity in Merseyside
An Assistant Director leads each locality and is the budget holder for all income and expenditure within it. Localities are grouped into five English regions and three nations, each headed by a Region or Nation Director and supported by an Assistant director of finance (ADF). The ADF is responsible for overseeing the financial management of the region/nation and all of its localities. Key responsibilies will include:
- With region/nation management colleagues, actively participate in the delivery of the business plan.
- Responsible for the management of the region/nation's financial resources including:
- Managing the budgetary process
- Forecasting, within the financial year and longer term
- Monitoring and reporting of financial performance against budgets
- Identification and management of financial risks to the region / nation
- Provision of financial guidance and instructions to managers and finance business partners
- Advising the finance business partners in the management of each locality's finances
- Lead and manage a team of up to 8 direct reports in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensure and be accountable for ensuring direct reports do the same
- Take the lead role in the production of a three year rolling plan for the region/nation
- Organisational priorities
- Operational and financial plans for the region/nation
- Consideration and analysis of the external influences and opportunities
- Performance of existing contracts and localities.
- Identify business improvement strategies, ensuring that actions are taken to meet the organisation's budget and financial targets.
- Identify, resolve and appropriately communicate critical financial and business issues
- Maintain an oversight of all tenders and funding opportunities and bids within the region/nation including oversight of the costing and pricing of bids
- Build, develop and maintain effective working relationships with local authorities and other agency partners.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification)
- 5 years Post Qualified Experience.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and develop finance teams.
- Significant experience in producing budgets and forecasts.
- Demonstrable experience in using financial systems (Oracle D).
- Operating at a similar level (D) and providing senior managers with solutions to financial problems, preferably in a large and complex organisation.
- Experience (D) and understanding of the voluntary sector and government funding.
- Ability to model required behaviours
- Exceptional ability to develop, foster and maintain excellent relationships across a diverse range of external and internal stakeholders
- Dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
- Ability to challenge budget holders and convince them to take action
- Ability to undertake financial and business modelling to appraise projects and scenario planning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills; can communicate succinctly to a variety of external stakeholders up to director level
- Possess strong IT capabilities in particular excel as well as other Microsoft packages
£43,000-£53,000 with generous package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76721761