Engineering Apprentice and Development Coach
Your new company
My client is a global defence aerospace and security company providing wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. Providing some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employs a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. They help develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
Your new role
As an Engineering and Apprentice Coach you will be coaching graduate apprentices to reach their full potential. You will provide key support whilst mentoring and challenging the apprentices throughout all areas of their learning journey.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who thrives off a sense of pride and achievement whilst allowing the successful candidate to be creative and undertake problem solving.
Your main responsibilities as an Engineering and Apprentice Coach will involve:
- Coaching graduate apprentices to reach their full potential by providing key support, mentoring, challenge and motivation throughout all aspects of their learning journey.
- Assessing and monitor learner progress & performance in line with the apprenticeship standards and the occupational expectations of the business.
- Effectively preparing graduate apprentices towards successfully completing their end point assessment accurately maintain and record data in accordance with funding and awarding body requirements and effectively manage the progress and performance of an allocated cohort of graduate apprentices
- Effectively plan, support and monitor graduate apprentice placements to ensure clear objectives and alignment to the development of required skills, knowledge and behaviours.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will be passionate about apprentice and skills training in which you will show personal credibility and professional confidence. You will be approachable with strong communication skills and be able to adapt to changing situations and bring new ideas. You will be a strong team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent in a related engineering discipline (Systems, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, Architectural) Knowledge of professional engineering institutes Able to obtain enhanced DBS and full security clearance.
- Training & Development qualifications NVQ Level 3 or equivalent Strong coaching skills with effective stakeholder management Assessor Award qualification or working towards having knowledge and experience of assessment/ verification practices and awarding body requirements Chartered Engineer.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive pension scheme
- Enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan.
- flexible working
- an employee assistance programme
- childcare vouchers
- Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76722680