Our Client are a leading electronics business based in the North East. The company currently require a talented Development Engineer to join the business.
- Qualifying, installing and maintaining software tools used for product development. At times, this may include specifying and sourcing new software tools.
- Developing and automating development activities and processes using software tools and scripting languages.
- Creating and maintaining product configuration management and software build environment.
- Creating and maintaining product configuration management and release plans for all projects according to customer requirements.
- Creating and releasing product and software releases, including automating the release process and metrics.
- Defining, tracking and reporting product status over the entire product development life cycle.
- Planning and estimating Project activities for Project managers.
- Following the company quality procedures and relevant national and international standards.
- Ensuring all work is carried out safely.
- Experience with automation using scripting and programming language and tools. Specifically, JIRA, Jenkins, Python and C#.
- Experience with configuration management.
- Experience with SQL or similar database technologies.
- Knowledge of IT systems and IT best practices.
- Experience high volume embedded products, ideally in the automotive industry.
- Experience with standards such as Automotive SPICE, CMMi, ISO26262, IEC61508 etc.
- Experience with CASE tools (configuration management, requirements management, static analysis tools, unit / integration / system test tools).
- Other high level programming languages such as C, C++, etc.
- Other scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, Ruby, TCL.
- Integration, ETL and analytic tools such as Alteryx and Tableau.
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent. 2.1 or higher grade or equivalent.
- Must have had experience in a similar role.
- £35,000-£55,000 plus comprehensive benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76731246