Part 8 MOJ Fee Earner
ROLE: Part 8 MOJ Fee Earner
HOURS: Full Time (option to work at home 1 day a week)
Competitive salary + career progression
Our client handle general insurance claims of all types, from the lowest value disputes through to the largest catastrophic losses. As a top 100 law firm working exclusively in this area, we currently represent the vast majority of the UK general insurance market.
The Fee Earner will handle their own case load of around 150/160 MOJ stage 3 and Part 8 Infant Approval files. They will perform specific delegated tasks within a supervised environment to pursue settlement of a file as soon as practically possible, ensuring client Guidelines are adhered to.
* The FE will take on a wide range of delegated tasks over time
* The FE will be set a settlement and billing target per month, which the FE will be expected to achieve. These targets will go towards the teams overall monthly target and the business units targets
* Whilst working within a supervised environment, the FE will be responsible for organising and prioritising their own work load on a daily basis, ensuring that a satisfactory level of quality and performance is achieved to ensure effective client service
* The responsibilities of the FE will vary depending upon their stage of development, however, it is anticipated that the FE will work to develop skills and gain an in-depth understanding in:
* Reviewing new files, notating in accordance with ISO & client guidelines
* Investigation and fact finding research, to ensure all relevant information has been found from insurer clients, insured parties, claimant solicitors and any other third parties
* Negotiating costs, developing an understanding of the predictive costs and fixed MOJ costs regime
* Requesting payments from insurer Clients and ensuring payments are raised/paid in accordance with Court Orders.
* Developing sound settlement tactics
* Working with action lists in Visual Files
* Develop confident communication skills to liaise with all parties relating to a claim where necessary
This is an entry level position but to be considered for this role you must have experience using the MOJ portal system within a law firm.
Please contact me to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Leon Pierce | Recruitment Consultant
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment
The best number to reach me on today is 0161 233 6360 Ext 1040
Please contact Leon Pierce, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76737130