2nd Line Support Engineer
- Day-to-day administration of the IT estate - providing end user support and resolve issues either desk side or remotely with the ability to explain IT issues to non-technical staff.
- Diagnose System Problems - monitor the performance of information systems to identify any issues. Routinely perform analysis of IT Infrastructure, including networks, firewalls, servers, operating systems, applications and devices.
- Communicate Issues and Changes - responsible for proactively communicating upcoming infrastructure changes to management and staff, and working with the business to decrease any negative impact of changes on the business.
- Identify Opportunities for Improvement - use of up-to-date knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems to identify opportunities to use emerging technologies to increase efficiency and flexibility. Formulate improvement plans and pitch them to leadership for action.
- Take the lead in the setup, roll-out and support of new hardware, and the troubleshooting and maintenance of client devices.
- The infrastructure Support Analyst is expected operate within Telensa's ITIL framework and support the implementation and operation of Telensa's Information Security policies and procedures.
- From time to time, work outside of Telensa’s core business hours to facilitate fault resolution or undertake planned maintenance tasks.
- Solid knowledge of Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012
- Solid virtualisation experience - VMware / XenServer
- Office 365 migration and management
- Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Solid knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Anti-virus management
- Experience of managing a server / desktop / device infrastructure estate
- Solid understanding of the network technologies stack, e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN
- Patch management
- Experience of implementing and operating the ITIL framework
- Typically 5 years' experience working in IT Support
Telensa is looking for 2nd/3rd level infrastructure support with a customer focus. The ideal person will have previous experience of providing advice and guidance to customers over the telephone, via e-mail and with an overall proven track record of service delivery.
You will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player with the ability of working within a demanding environment and someone who can demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving.
Based at our office in Pampisford (South Cambridge), the Infrastructure Support Analyst will provide IT support services to Telensa's internal users and systems and support for the IT Manager in pushing forward significant change in the delivery of IT support services throughout the business.We offer a competitive package of employee benefits which includes: Flexible Working, Employee Share Option, Corporate membership to local Sports Centre, Childcare Vouchers (to name but a few!)The above is provided for guidance, is not contractual or an exhaustive list of all accountabilities that the post holder may have.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76060671