This role will take the operational finance, accounts preparation and tax duties away from the FD, allowing that role to be dedicated to more strategic responsibilities. It would be best suited to a Qualified (ICAS/ACCA/CIMA) or QBE Accountant with a track record operating in a similar role within an owner managed business.
My client is now the market leader in their field, operating within the professional services industry. They have worked with over 50,000 people in providing their services, and offer bespoke technology to continue to expand their market presence.
Key duties for this Finance Manager will include:
- Production of monthly flash reports and management accounts including relevant commentary
- Reporting & accounting as required for regulatory and legal purposes, including management and statutory accounts
- Production of monthly sales, margin and cost reports and analyses
- Balance sheet reconciliation, analysis and control
- KPI Reporting and Variance Analysis
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts and group consolidation
- Management of the annual audit process
- Co-ordination of the annual budgeting process and periodic re-forecasting
- Cash flow forecasting on a rolling basis
- Review of VAT Returns
- Review of payment runs
- Liaise with external auditors, company solicitors and banks regularly
- Risk management and implementation of improvements to financial control and procedures
- Ad hoc project support
This role, reporting to the Finance Director with a dotted line into the CEO, will be responsible for the preparation and completion of annual statutory and monthly management accounts. The candidate will be fully qualified or able to prove qualification through experience, with a strong commercial background. Ideally from an owner managed business, you will have demonstrated a strong hands-on approach within a fast paced company. Strong technical skills and advanced use of Excel are essential as is the ability to manage workload and meet deadlines. Familiarity with Sage would be an advantage. The ability to operate in a high volume environment would be desirable.
Due to business growth, the FD's responsibilities have changed to become more strategic, and this role has been created to take responsibility for the day to day operations of the finance team, including historic reporting, accounts preparation and tax.
My client is willing to offer the successful Finance Manager a highly competitive salary ranging from £40,000 - £50,000 for the successful Finance Manager , in addition to a generous benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76725490