Graduate Web Developer
Graduate Web Developer
Our clients, an innovative and highly regarded company based in Cambridge are offering a unique and exciting opportunity for a Graduate Software Developer to join their growing team.
We are seeking a creative and technically gifted Graduate with a strong portfolio and a passion for programming. Candidates will be educated to First or 2:1 Degree standard (or equivalent) within Software Engineering.
The successful candidate will benefit from a structured training program which will support you whilst allowing you to take on responsibility and have creative freedom. You will also enjoy a supportive and friendly working environment including a highly competitive salary/benefits package.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn from an experienced team of Engineers, who design products and services which have gained international acknowledgement from some of the most recognisable in-industry bodies. The junior developer will be mentored and will learn the best practices for development and release management, as well as contributing to the current and next generation solutions and processes.
Key elements of the role include:
- Carry out functional development and testing, from requirements capture through to validation and release, following defined coding standards and methodologies
- Support delivery of a robust end-to-end network infrastructure and server architecture which supports scaling of the business to in excess of 1M customers and ensures a high level of service availability
- In conjunction with other members of the team, analyse and define the requirements for supporting Operations, Distribution Management, Logistics, Payment, Business Management and other needs of the business
- Maintain appropriate support documentation
- Graduate Engineer in Software Engineering
- Good understanding of fundamental principles of Object Oriented Programming
- Good understanding of relational database concepts
- Academic or professional experience in :
- Strongly typed Object Oriented Languages
- Relational database development
- Version control systems
- Experience in :
- Java Spring Framework
- Stored Procedure Programming in MySQL and MySQL database management
- Mercurial Source Control
- Debian Linux system use and administration
- Android application development
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76728706