Group Financial Controller
High calibre Financial Controller required for specialist manufacturing business East Leeds
Your new company
You will be working for an exciting, growing manufacturing business, part of a major bluechip organisation with a major manufacturing facility to the east of Leeds
Your new role
The role holder's primary responsibility is to manage the preparation of the management and financial accounts as well as the financial planning and analysis for the business including annual plan, 5 year plan, forecasting and ad hoc analysis as required. The role will also act as the deputy to the Finance Director and support leading project initiatives (e.g. implementation of new ERP system) as required. Principle Accountabilities Include
- Manage the day to day accounting and reporting responsibilities of the function including financial accounting, management accounting.
- Prepare PLC quality MI including board packs and commentary and Group Finance submissions meeting local and group deadlines.
- Manage the transaction processing activities of the department (Accounts payable/Receivable) including interaction with group Shared Service.
- Build and maintain effective models for FP&A purposes that meet Group modelling standards.
- Lead FP&A activities including:
- Establish of ongoing forecast system including tracking of progress against key financial milestones.
- Lead annual and interim planning process/updates
- Model 5 year plan and business strategy
- Support pricing strategy
- Determine client, contract profitability etc
- Finance Lead on ERP implementation including:
- Attend system selection meetings
- Project plan roll-out with system provider
- Set up appropriate master data, coding and processes
- Test system set up
- Train users
- Implement deployment
- Transition transaction processing activities from Group Shared Services to Onsite
- Act as deputy to the Finance Director and attending management and board meetings as required.
- Manage staff (4)
- Establish and develop the financial processes, systems and controls
- Liaise with Group Finance functions including Tax, Treasury
- Assist the Head of Finance and other team members with ad-hoc work as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Manufacturing sector experience (preferred)
- Controllership experience
- Experience managing finance functions
- Strong FP&A, Reporting and MI experience
- Strong internal controls and process knowledge
- Experience of designing / improving systems / processes
- MRP / ERP system development / implementation
What you'll get in return
An interesting and varied opportunity with a business in an exciting phase of growth.
They offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including car, bonus, phi, pension etc.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76719475