Mechanical Design Engineer
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed. At Armagard we are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to come and join our Design and Development Team based in Birmingham. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £20,000 - £45,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Armagard is a SME company manufacturing environmental enclosures across a diverse product range and supplying these products to 54 countries worldwide. Armagard has received The Queens Award for International Trade and also won the National Exporter of the year award presented by the British Chamber of Commerce, which reflects our ability to design, manufacture and supply a competitive product world-wide.
As our Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for:
- New product development and enhancement of our standard products
- Creating the process documentation to enable production to manufacture your new or modified designs
- Reviewing current product design and manufacturing methods to improve the current products
- Be able to create designs that at their core are designed to be suitable for manufacture
- Responsible for creating the BOM of the new or enhanced designs
- The interface between Design and manufacture, ensuring any production issues are resolved to deliver the product the customers require in the most efficient way.
- The updating and customisation of a design to meet a specific customer need.
- Technical sales support for the sales team, and responding for viability and costings to specific requests from customers.
Skills & Experience required of our Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Desire to create excellent products
- Passion for creating products for UK manufacturing to manufacture and distribute world-wide.
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of design using a CAD system (We currently use Solidworks with some ProE)
- Good team player, with the ability to work effectively within a multi-cultural and diverse team
- Flexible, with the ability to work across teams.
- Self-motivated with positive attitude
- PC skills
- Understand Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety issues.
Desirable skills required of our Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Experience in designing sheet-metal enclosures.
- Experienced in the design and manufacture of fabricated products
- Knowledge of how to seal and protect against water ingress for our outdoor products
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks CAD
- Experience of sealing products to IP66
- Knowledge of small batch Production / short run Assembly manufacture
- Understanding of basic electrical components.
In return as our Mechanical Design Engineer, we can offer you…
In return for your commitment we can offer a competitive salary of£20k-£45k per annum depending on experience. 31 days’ holiday (inclusive of annual, bank/public days). Access to a contributory company pension scheme. A varied and interesting role with the ability to progress.
If you have the skills, experience and desire to become our new Mechanical Design Engineer then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!Birmingham is commutable from Leicester, Coventry, Nuneaton, Coleshill, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Dudley, West Bromwich, Walsall, Sutton Coldfield, Wednesbury, Willenhall, Stourbridge, Solihull, Halesowen, Kiddiminster, Cannock, Tamworth, Lichfield, Smethwick, Redditch and surrounding areas.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76737653