Group Finance Manager
Marks Sattin are excited to be working with a much loved household brand and highly sought after employer in Yorkshire.
This is an exciting opportunity for a fully qualified accountant to make an impact in the UK Accounting team, offering guaranteed opportunities for development beyond this role across any area of the finance function and beyond depending on what your career aspirations are. The role will be based at the UK head office near Leeds and will report to the Head of Group Finance. In this role you will be responsible for providing excellent accounting advice to the finance organisation, and the wider business. This role will also provide exposure to colleagues within Global Accounting, Tax & Compliance, and be involved in a number of areas across borders, working in the matrix environment of this global team.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Preparing UK statutory accounts for all entities (including joint ventures and associated businesses)
- Taking responsibility for the reporting process for UK entities and supporting the Head of Group Finance
- Taking responsibility for the finance and administration, including ensuring compliance with all covenant reporting required
- Providing support and expertise to finance and the wider business to ensure the UK legal entity accounts are prepared in line with IFRS and the company Finance Manual
- Being the Chief Accountant for a number of UK entities, ensuring all are compliant with internal and external requirements
- Acting as a key team member in the UK audit process, together with the Senior Specialist, Accounting
- Performing project work as required by the Head of UK Accounting, and the Global Accounting function. This may involve working across borders and legal entities on specific balance sheet areas.
To be successful in this role you will be a fully qualified accountant with either ACA or ACCA, perhaps a first time mover from practice or someone who has made a move already. Candidates with strong financial reporting experience in industry will be considered also. You will have excellent technical accounting experience and will have experience of dealing with IFRS. With excellent communication skills you will be able to translate complex accounting issues to those outside of the finance team. In addition, you will be pro-active and will be comfortable working independently as well as playing a key role in the global team. You will also be able to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines. Strong Excel skills and good working knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76730202