Software Applications Developer
RMS - Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Software Applications Developer on behalf of our client a Global Oil & Gas company in the County Durham area. A new permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of their industry.
Having proudly worked in partnership with this client for over 5 years, RMS are experienced in enhancing their ability to recruit the very best talent, putting solid foundations in place which underpin the further development of their business.
Contracted to 38 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
- 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Complimentary on site parking
- Early Friday finish
Reporting directly to the Business Improvement Manager you will hold responsibility for providing support to the IT and Business Improvement departments through the creation and support of robust and innovative software applications.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and improve existing software applications and databases
- Create and implement new software applications based on required specifications
- Identify opportunities for new systems & methodologies using the latest developments in software
- Develop and use analytical skills to support and contribute to business improvement initiatives
To be considered this position you must have:
- Demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining new and existing software applications
- Experience in database development/administration with MS Access & SQL Server
- Experience using Visual Basic and/or MS Visual Studio to develop and maintain end user applications
- Experience & skills in lieu of qualifications will also be considered however a degree (or similar) in Computing / IT, Mathematics, Engineering or another technical discipline would be advantageous
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76734783