Michael Page are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller role in the Gateshead area. The role is a full time, permanent role.
The company are a well known e-commerce organisation who are looking for of a Financial Controller in their Gateshead office.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading the finance team by ensuring clear management and organisation of the team's activities.
- Ensuring the coordination and integration of the finance teams activities
- Supporting the Senior Management Team in aiding the strong, commercially-focused management accounting service.
- Preparing the year end accounts and liaising with auditors
- Preparing company annual statutory accounts
- The daily forecasting and monitoring cash resources
- The direct line management of line reports which include; annual performance reviews, the setting of individual performance objectives, supporting individual training and development plans, holding regular 1-1s as well as supporting good work-life balance and well being
- Dealing with all tax compliance work and ensure all returns and payments are made on time.
- Leading financial process improvement initiatives within and beyond the finance team.
- Hands-on and delegated action to ensure accurate and complete monthly financial accounting for the company within agreed closure deadlines
The ideal candidate will have:
- An accountant qualification with a recognised institution and be a fully qualified accountant
- Demonstrable experience of accountants preparation, financial reporting and internal controls
- A strong background in financial control with a similar sized finance team and company
- Demonstrable commercial instinct
- Excellent communication skills and be able to work with colleagues across the business as well as external advisers.
- Skilled with accounting systems and Excel
- The ability to work to strict deadlines and manage workload
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Have manged people in past roles and be able to lead people and delegate work load
- A passion for the company's values and objectives
- A creative and reliable personality
- A passion for raising to challenges and driving change
- The ambition and drive for personal and professional development
A full time permanent Financial Controller role in Gateshead
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76722562