Credit Controller - 2Squared
Established in 2006, 2Squared has grown to become one of the foremost respected Footwear & Clothing distributors in the UK.
Pride, determination, enthusiasm, hard work combined with having fun forms the core ethic of everything we stand for, everything we do and everything we want to achieve.
Either creating our own brands or working closely with our brand partners, 2Squared take great pride in our long term vision of achieving sustainable and professional relationships that, ultimately return profitable outcomes.
2Squared are part of JD Sports Fashion plc and are based in central Manchester. Brands include Cortica, Marshall Artist, Creative Recreation, The Couture Club and Android Homme.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Credit Controller to join 2Squared at an exciting point in its evolution. The role will be responsible for the daily maintenance of the receivable ledgers across three statutory entities together with key responsibility for credit control. Reporting to the Management Accountant, the successful candidate will play a critical role in improving and ensuring a strong control environment with a focus on accurate and timely ledger postings and daily cash collection.
The role would suit an experienced, enthusiastic and conscientious candidate with strong attention to detail and experience of adding value as part of a small but dynamic team. There is considerable scope to gain commercial exposure as well as experience of working as a key member of a small accounting team. This role has the potential to provide further development opportunities in due course.
- Lead the credit control function and collect cash on a daily basis
- Reduce debtor days
- Agree payment plans with customers
- igorously enforce payment agreements
- Liaise with customers on a regular basis
- Fully maintain accounts receivable ledgers
- Bank cheques on a regular basis
- Work with sales team to ensure customers understand and follow payment process
- Lead regular Debtor meetings with Sales team and senior management
- Reconciliation of ledgers between PI (Stock/sales system) and Sage
- Maintaining monthly intercompany balances and reconciling transactions
- Ensure customers receive all invoices and credit notes
- Post bank receipts to PI & Sage systems
- Assist in the production of cash collection forecasts
- Raise manual sales invoices and credit notes
- Produce monthly sales ledger aged reports
- Other ad hoc duties as required
YOU WILL BE:
- An experienced Credit Controller is advantageous.
- Accurate and determined with a controls focus
- Experienced at working with MS Excel and Word is essential.
- Experienced at working within credit control on own initiative
- Able to devise and agree payment plans with customers
- Determined and confident in keeping debtors under control
- Experienced at dealing with major and independent retailers
- Competent in maintaining accounts receivable ledgers (Sage experience preferred)
- Confident and able in resolving disputes with customers
- A strong team player with ability to work on own initiative
- Capable of working within a small but dynamic team
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76722879