RTA Fee Earner
ROLE: RTA Fee Earner
HOURS: Full Time (option for 2 days working at home)
Competitive salary + career progression
Our client handle general insurance claims of all types, from the lowest value disputes through to the largest catastrophic losses. As a top 100 law firm working exclusively in this area, we currently represent the vast majority of the UK general insurance market.
The Fee Earner role is within their Credit Hire team in Manchester. The role of the Fee Earner is to pursue the settlement of files in line with client instruction / client guidelines to the commercial benefit of Keoghs.
* Create initial case strategy following Client Guidelines and review of information available
* Undertake discussions and negotiations with Insured, Insurer and Third Party Solicitors to pursue the rapid and appropriate settlement of cases and the apportionment of costs
* Undertake Court Telephone Hearings to ensure progress is maximised and all actions have been undertaken to bring the case to settlement
* Timely and accurate maintenance of all case management, billing and management information systems to ensure completeness of records and aid business decision making
* Allocate funds to the appropriate client accounts as per agreed procedures to ensure the client and Keoghs receive appropriate payments
* Delegation of tasks where available and appropriate to other members of the team
* Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
* Undertaking periodic reviews of files in line with Client requirements
* Updating reports
* Meeting agreed performance targets
* Ensuring files are kept within ISO 9001 guidelines
* Provide written updates by email or letter to clients detailing case activity to ensure that they receive up to date and accurate information about progress when requested
* To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have :-
* Experience in handling a case load of Fast Track PI files in their own right and be competent in drafting procedural documents
* Experience of litigated cases on small claims and fast track matters
* Has worked within Personal Injury Litigation with experience of RTA
Please contact me to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Leon Pierce | Recruitment Consultant
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment
The best number to reach me on today is 0161 233 6360 Ext 1040
Please contact Leon Pierce, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76737563