An exciting FD role with a rapidly growing specialist manufacturing business backed by a large corporate
Your new company
A rapidly growing specialist manufacturing business backed by a large corporate.
Your new role
To provide an effective business partner for the CEO operating as a key member of the senior management team and operating board providing financial leadership across all aspects of the business. The role includes full responsibility for all financial matters including financial management, reporting, funding, taxation and for ensuring appropriate risk and control is applied across the company. In addition, the role is a key contributor all commercial aspects of the business including business strategy and growth and operations including pricing, supply chain, and productivity management. The role will represent the company in the wider Finance network and will ensure the financial management and reporting is integrated and work closely with the Finance team at all times.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Be an effective business partner for the Business CEO and a key member of the executive management team and local operating Board.
- Key contributor to the development and presentation of the business strategy ensuring that the financial and operational consequences of the strategy are fully evaluated and explained.
- Lead the development of the factory costing system In conjunction with the Production Director
- Extensive support of the commercial operations of the business including pricing, costing, development of tender proposals, supply chain, risk management etc
- Provide leadership of the Finance function and the senior Finance face-off with the group and wider Finance.
- Provide a full financial planning, advisory and reporting service for the business, including statistical analysis and financial and management accounting information. Ensure that the business activity is monitored and controlled through the operation of comprehensive financial and management controls
- Manage the production of the annual budget and Business Plan for the division and any entities under the control of the division for approval by the divisional Board and for presentation to the executive as required.
- Ensure justification for all major budgeted spend, and subsequently to ensure that all expenditure is monitored against appropriate targets.
- Manage the balance sheet and cash flows including capital expenditure, working capital, and funding model.
- Accountable for the risk and control framework, ensuring it meets regulatory requirements and group policy.
- Provide regular and timely evaluations performance and financial position, the business plans, strategic options and business opportunities, including profit trends, cash flow, financial exposures and tax matters.
- Manage the production of Board quality MI to a number of Internal and External Boards and Committees
- Liaise with and manage the relationship with internal and external auditors and other third party suppliers on all financial and compliance matters.
- Recruit and motivate the Finance team and ensure provide leadership for Finance. Ensure the group values are integrated into the function and, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group's policies
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant ideally trained in big 4
- Extensive experience in a large manufacturing organisation
- Commercial experience including a strong understanding of pricing, costing, productivity, supply chain and stock issues
- Experience of operating in a PLC environment
- Leadership of a Finance function
- Operating at Executive Board level
- Proven leadership skills and influencing skills
- Experienced business partner with suitable gravitas to drive effective financial control
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Self-starter and hands-on. Ability to get into the detail as required.
- An ability to operate in an entrepreneurial start-up business but equally operate in a FTSE 100 environment with PLC quality reporting, governance etc
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to be involved with an exciting business in a period of growth.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76720063