IT Technician - 37hrs pw, full time - Immediate start
Your new company
HAYS Education support services are currently recruiting for an IT Technician to work in a school within Gloucestershire. Working on a temporary basis initially with the hope to then go permanent for the right candidate.
Your main role will be to provide proactive and responsive technical support for the ICT infrastructure and systems of primary schools. You will be expected to support multiple schools at the direction of the Assistant IT Services Manager.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Travel to all of our supported primary schools on a daily/fortnightly rota;
- To provide a high level of customer service and support to all customers of IT Services
- Assist our customers with hardware and software problems via phone, email or in person
- Respond to first and second line calls to ensure customers have a positive experience of IT
Your new role
The outline of your main duties will include:
- Provide on-site 1st and 2nd line technical support to the Primary Schools
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all aspects of IT Services support
- Take ownership of problems and be proactive in dealing with customer issues
- Respond to enquiries from customers and help them to resolve hardware or software problems
- Install new or replacement hardware as necessary
- Install/run cables from computers to interactive boards/speakers etc.
- Printer maintenance and ink/toner replacement
- Escalate IT issues to others in the team where necessary
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Provide desktop and server support
- Set up and configure laptops and desktops
- Install authorised software as required
- Make network cables as necessary
- Support creation of new user accounts
- Support maintenance of Group Policy and Active Directory
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in your application for this job, the school have outlined the following areas as essential:
- Experience of providing First Line IT support
- Current driving license and access to own transport;
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Able to effectively prioritise and manage own workload to meet targets and deadlines
- Able to liaise effectively with senior management, staff, students and team members
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking and make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment
- Proven experience in a help desk support environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and software packages;
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and user/group administration
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76725008