Energy Pricing Analyst
To support the Pricing Team in the evolution and development of retail pricing activities across British Gas Energy products and Bundles. Originating new offerigns and analysis to support British Gas in achieving its ambitious growth plan. Increasing the profitability of the business and driving a culture where customers are treated fairly and properly informed.
- Conducting pricing analysis across multiple projects using British Gas and external data sources, working on acquisition, renewal and campaigns/offers pricing,
- Conducting accurate and insightful competitor pricing & product analysis, in partnership with UK Home Insight team
- Ensure strong understanding of energy retail market, competitors’ strategies & drives, and customers’ developing needs.
- Ability to learn & quickly adapt to learnings and then utilise this in the business
- Translate this analysis into business insight and knowledge, supporting teams across the business understand the rapidly changing energy retail market
- Develop price points and work closely with the Propositions and Customer Value teams to achieve the desired outcomes
- Support the capability growth within the team actively by optimising current models and implementing new tools
- Strong analytical skills, preferably in the areas of insurance/financial pricing and/or modelling and customer behaviour analysis.
- Developing understanding of insurance principles with a focus on consumer lines products, preferably demonstrated through experience within general insurance markets
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, skill-set with ability to vary style when communicating with data technicians, pricing experts and a wider non-technical business audience.
- A proven eye for detail with focus on data reconciliation, controls and governance.
- Aware of the commercial aims and objectives of British Gas and the associated requirement for an atomic level, structured and agile data architecture in support of product pricing.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76713956