A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and Investment Company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity available for a Senior Actuary to join the Actuarial team based in Wilmslow. The Senior Actuary can have a background in one or some of the following areas: Financial Reporting (Solvency II, IFRS, EEV), With Profits Management, Capital Monitoring or Modelling.
- Carry out financial analysis using complex actuarial and analytical techniques to support team, department or wider business planning and other activities to allow the department and business to deliver strategic and tactical objectives.
- Monitor and check the quality of the financial analysis performed by team members to ensure accuracy and provide feedback to the originator.
- Co-ordinates checks across activities/teams ensuring continuous improvement and industry best practice.
- Provide in-depth actuarial expertise to senior managers, boards and committees across the business to guide and influence their decision making.
- Identifies and make improvements to areas in processes which have a high level of risk or control failure.
- Provide specialist advice and interpretation of data and results to colleagues, senior managers, boards and committees across the department and the wider business and to third parties and external bodies as appropriate.
- Presents reports to colleagues, senior managers, boards and committees across the department and the wider business and to third parties and external bodies as appropriate.
- Be recognised as a subject matter expert both within and outside the department amongst colleagues, senior managers, boards, committees, third parties and external bodies.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Actuary (ie FIA or FFA) with a minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience.
- High level of knowledge of actuarial and financial maths commensurate with the nature and complexity of the work.
- Highly proficient in use of relevant computer systems and packages.
- Highly developed communication skills, verbal, written and listening.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate a team.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Erik Snaathorst on or 0117-9331711
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76706964