Group Learning Technologist
Our client is a pioneering education group which exists to transform lives through learning.
Their approach is rooted in a clearly articulated, award-winning learning philosophy, which helps thousands of people to unlock their potential every year.
This philosophy has driven new applied-learning approaches and resulted in a three-year rising trend of student success, which now means that their students are among the most successful in the country.
They are looking for a Group Learning Technologist to develop and support the ongoing learning technology systems of the Group to enhance teaching, learning and assessment. To ensure quality and standards of service provide business continuity in meeting the needs of the Group. Support all key stakeholders, staff and students in utilising and developing skills to be proficient in the use of learning technologies, by running workshops and providing training opportunities. The Learning Technologist will build on the organisation’s online strategy by working with curriculum staff on developing online materials and supporting the delivery and maintenance of e-learning programmes via Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs). In addition, this position also supports the day-to-day operations of the college learning environments, providing support to staff and students as required to ensure a high level of customer service at all times.
This position will be assigned to a base location -
OXFORD, however, travel to other sites will be required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Experience of developing courses within and administering/managing an LMS, specifically Canvas and Moodle
• Experience in developing training resources to deliver CPD to key stakeholders
• Experience in delivering workshops and training opportunities to key stakeholders to develop skills in learning technologies to support teaching, learning and assessment
• Ability to recognise and update skills to meet new advancements in learning technologies in the sector
• Identify through R&D new opportunities to enhance teaching, learning & assessment using learning technologies, to be sector leading
• A willingness to undertake CPD opportunities to enhance subject training and skills updating as necessary
• Experience dealing with student behavior issues and/or classroom management
• Experience delivering customer-facing services to staff and students with varying levels of digital literacy
Technical Knowledge/ Skills:
• Able to analyse administrative and functionality issues within systems to offer proactive, informed and reliable professional advice in supporting key stakeholders
• High degree of IT literacy particularly in Microsoft Office and Google+ applications
• Administer instructor led courses via Canvas
• Work with internal teams to provide business continuity in regard to LMS administration, support and potential solutions.
• Knowledge of developments in multimedia and authoring tools to resource implementation to enhance teaching, learning & assessment
• Identify suitable reporting techniques to produce analytical data to inform system usage.
• Strong design/creative skills
• A strong specialism in at least one discipline aligned with the production of online learning content, for example video/audio production, animation, graphic design
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: SP34 £32,215 per annum
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
Job Expires: 13 October 2017 @ 11:59PM
Please apply online with your CV to receive further instructions on how to complete the application process.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76719070