Our creative Technical Department currently has an immediate opening for a Design Engineer with strong mechanical engineering skills.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out duties including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement.
The successful Design Engineer will report directly to the Technical Manager, and collaborate with design/purchasing and workshop/assembly teams on design projects.
Responsible for the technical design and implementation of new products as well as improving and maintaining our extensive range of existing products.
This an excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about craftsmanship and innovation.
- Ensuring that product development and design consider cost, effectiveness, ease of manufacture and safety, ensuring it meets the current adhere to applicable industry and business standards.
- Guaranteeing customer service in everything you do, providing expert advice to your customers in friendly manner to deliver service, with the desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Use specialised software to create models and drawings of products.
- Updating and maintaining stock records and BOMs.
- Research new materials and methods of development.
- Organise and maintain existing engineering records.
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with design/purchasing team.
- Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes.
- Solidworks software packages or similar would be an advantage
- Must be able to think creatively, innovatively with impeccable attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of metal and wood fabrication processes
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinator and problem solve effectively
- Strong analytical skills, having the ability to deal with large amounts of complex data
- Must have a strong quality ethos
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office
- Mechanical Engineering degree (or similar) desirable but not essential
About our client
At Playdale Playgrounds we are a dynamic, expanding, global business who designs, manufactures and installs fun, exciting, outdoor playground equipment. We currently operate in 46 countries. We are family-owned, have been established for over 38 years and employ c110 people, with a track record of developing our people and their careers.
Apply using the link provided and our client will be in direct contact.
Closing date 27/10/17
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76725922