Senior Installation Manager
An exciting opportunity to join our client's Operations team as a Senior Installation Manager. They are a family business that has grown into the UK’s leading Appliance Installation Distributor.
Your role as a Senior Installation Manager is to ensure the operational fulfillment of their installation service through the line management and supervision of all field based installation personnel and activities, exercising control of the operational adherence to both consistent installation quality and compliance, and the site relationship between them and their customers, in an efficient and effective manner to the Company and their Customers.
Key accountabilities / responsibilities:
• Responsible for overseeing the planning, line management and delivery of all installation activities, including forecast planning and labour resourcing, training and development, quality management, auditing, health & safety, legal stipulations, problem resolution, sign off and duty of care.
• To successfully organise, train, lead and manage the Field based Installation Managers and Installation Teams to fulfil their duties
• Responsible for performance monitoring and auditing of installation activities, and identifying training needs, and communicating these to and following up with the Training Manager
• Identifying resource requirements and carrying out recruitment where necessary to ensure that there is a 12-month rolling resource plan which ensures that all work is completed to our customers’ satisfaction.
• Ensuring that their Installation Guide is kept up to date with current practices and implemented with the installation teams as a working document.
• Set appropriate KPI Targets and ensure that these are regularly and actively reviewed to establish continuous improvement and best practice.
• Arrange regular team meetings to promote company updates, training and best practice with regard to Health & Safety, Compliance, and Quality
• Ensures that site visits are prioritised to ensure key customers installations are reviewed, especially where installers under-performing and customers are receiving a perceived poor service.
• Work with the Operations Team, especially the Senior Projects Manager, to understand resource requirements and to ensure all work can be completed in a timely manner and to the customer’s satisfaction.
• To provide a point of escalation for colleagues and customers, and represent the Installation Team in various forums
• To provide support for the Operations Director and Contract Appliance Team, and fulfil the duties of the role in a legal, ethical and beneficial manner to the company.
Skills & Attributes:
• An ability to line manage and organise people, including a team of field based Installation Managers, to ensure all activities are completed, and to implement systems and communicate effectively at all levels to achieve mutual benefit for the company and its customers
• Diplomatic skills to resolve day to day issues with internal colleagues and external customers, with the ability to remain calm in the face of pressure, review a situation and act decisively
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively in a confident and professional manner at all levels with both internal colleagues and external customers.
• Exemplary “Best Practice” managerial conduct to set a fine example for all, this specifically includes the need to be without reproach and highly respected in the eyes of colleagues, staff, customers and contractors.
• Experienced with on-site activities/processes within the building industry, specifically in relation to kitchens and appliances, with good attention to detail – thorough when carrying out work to pick up on issues which could have a more significant impact
• Experienced in building industry Health & Safety standards, holder of CSCS card Supervisor level.
• Knowledge / Skills : Gas and Part P qualified essential; Excel / Word / Power Point
• Positive, organized, punctual, self-motivated & capable of working under own initiative, meeting deadlines and flexible to work longer hours or carry out other tasks as and when required.
Their values are integral to how they operate; it is the reason for their success and their culture. To flourish here, you will naturally display the following their values:
• Helpful: When assistance is required or when things go wrong they are ready to help and will use all their efforts to solve the issue quickly.
• Ethical: Reflect a straightforward, honest approach in all your interactions – tackle tough issues head on while maintaining good communication and relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
• Innovative: Not content with ok, you are always seeking ways to improve the way they work to deliver business improvement and commercial advantage.
Salary: £38,000 - £50,000 with flexible benefits
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Contract Type: Permanent
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Senior Installation Manager role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76734921