Accounts Payable Administrator
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Administrator to join our team in Sevenoaks (Lakeside Pavilion, Chaucer House, Watery Lane, Kemsing, Sevenoaks, Kent TN15 6QY)
Working as part of the Accounts Payable Team responsible for a portfolio of Supplier accounts and being accountable for all activities in relation to the smooth running of these accounts including query resolution, statement reconciliation and being the first point of contact in relation to these accounts for all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
- Benefits: 20 holidays a year plus 8 bank holiday, Opportunity to buy and sell holiday, Pension scheme, Retail and leisure discounts, Dental & Medical employee schemes, Yearly Cycle to work scheme, Holiday and travel discounts
- The smooth running and administration of designated Supplier accounts working 'smarter not harder' by maximising the use of the technology available to you.
- Supporting the wider Accounts Payable Team in daily tasks such as scanning and validation, re coding of invoices, dealing with queries & Statement reconciliations
- Working with both Internal & External Stakeholders in order to meet the Teams objectives and exceed expectations.
- Responding positively to the changes in working practices/systems and the demands of Line Management in order to meet the ever changing demands of a progressive business.
- Compliance to the Companies Policies at all times
Nature and Scope of the role:
- Managing a portfolio of designated Supplier Accounts which will involve you developing a close working relationship with the Operating Businesses and with key Stakeholders within Head Office primarily Management Accounts, Procurement and Cash & Bank Teams.
- Ensuring that the accounts under your remit are fully reconciled every month to the Supplier statement, retaining a full historical electronic record of all major/key accounts in the central excel area and supporting the wider Accounts Payable Team in this activity which will provide the business with the confidence that our ledgers are a true reflection of our liabilities.
- Working with the wider business making sure that there are no 'no & invalid' transactions within your portfolio of accounts when Suppliers fail to quote a PO number and those that fail to comply to business due process are worked in a timely manner in line with expectation.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for all 'debit' transactions within your portfolio of accounts taking appropriate and timely action to recover any net debits.
- Managing any Direct Debit accounts within your portfolio in line with due process and direction.
- Re coding of status queries as laid down in the working practices for the Accounts Payable Team in order to manage the pending vouchers through to resolution of either entering into the payment process or being removed from the account.
- Supporting the wider Accounts Payable Team in the scanning & validation of Supplier transactions at peak time
- To carry out any other related tasks as directed by your Line Manager/s in order to support the mutual goals and objectives in order for the Team to be a centre of excellence.
- Minimum 'o' level/CGSE in Maths & English
- Recognised UK A level standard qualifiations
- Proven history of working within a high volume Accounts Payable Team
- Experience of ERP systems such as MS Dynamics would be advantageous
- Past experience of working with a computerised accounting function.
- Advanced excel skills which must include Lookup's and Pivots
- Good communicator who will support both internal and external Stakeholders
- Problem solver
- Self motivated
- Strong team ethics
- Works to strict deadlines
- Past experience of working within a large team would be advantageous.
- Flexible to the demands of the business in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the Team in particular at Period and Year end.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76712230