Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager - Top 10 Firm
The successful candidate for this Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for managing a large mixed portfolio of accounting clients, and ensuring that clients receive top quality service in all respects.
Our client is a Top 10 accountancy firm in Hampshire.
The core responsibilities of this Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager will include:
To plan, control and review all accounts preparation work.
To act as day to day point of contact for the client and to practise the principals of excellent client service at all times.
To communicate the progress on clients and problems arising to the partner immediately and be in a position to identify and comment upon possible solutions to issues as they arise.
To maintain awareness of the further specialist services and publications and to be aware and make new business opportunities.
To review work completed by junior and senior staff for adequacy and completeness and to undertake job appraisal reviews.
To assist in student and staff recruitment training and interviewing.
To develop and maintain advanced technical knowledge through the appropriate reading and courses and fulfil the Institutes CPE requirements.
To attend department staff meetings and training as required.
To maintain an awareness and observation of health and safety issues within the firm and report any concerns to the health and safety representative.
To carry out any other duties which are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as Manager and as requested by the Head of Department.
Managing of WIP and debtors.
The successful applicant for the Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager vacancy must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be the equivalent of ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Previous experience of managing a portfolio of accounting clients
- Strong communicator with proven experience in building strong client relationships in a client facing role.
- Accounts experience from a practice background.
- Experience of SAGE accounting systems, CCH, Excel, Vistopia or other accounting software packages.
- Experience of analytical review approach.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to deliver results autonomously.
- Experienced in preparing LLP accounts.
- An understanding of VAT would be advantageous
Competitive salary + long term career progression
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76736717