Process Engineering & Continuous Improvement Engineer
NOV ISE Operations is the global manufacturing and supply chain organization of the NOV ISE Division, supporting the requirements of a variety product lines. NOV ISE is a division of National Oilwell Varco Int. (NOV) with approximately 900 people spread across 7 major sites providing a global foot print in support of our clients requirements. Are you a process led Manufacturing Engineer or a recent Manufacturing MSc graduate with a drive to create added value through process improvements, application of Continues Improvement and LEAN principals? Do you want to progress and grow within a company as it continues to grow on a global scale? Join National Oilwell Varco's Elmar team as a Continues Improvement Engineer and make a difference to a global leader in the design and manufacturing of Wireline Products, Pressure Performance Systems, and Well Intervention & Control Equipment product line applications. Your expertise in identifying and implementing best-in-class manufacturing methodologies is critical to meeting customer requirements, reducing manufacturing lead-times and production costs along with securing growth in line with the business strategy. You will support manufacturing teams as well as other operations related disciplines, with your ability to understand complex problems and devise logical, simple but robust solutions, capturing and communicating these to all functional teams and disciplines across our business. Your ability to co-ordinate with a cross-functional team at varying levels, to incorporate the requirements of key stakeholders, whilst ensuring alignment across the business, while acting with total professionalism at all times, is crucial to success. We are continuing to achieve and reach our vision of growth and you are part of our vision - you will be open to personal development and career progression with a view to developing your process engineering & management skills as well as your manufacturing knowledge into becoming a subject expert and leader of our Process Engineering and Continuous Improvement teams. This position has the flexibility to be based out of Gateshead or Aberdeen.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with the various cross functional teams to continuously improve and maintain operational processes.
• Create, present and rollout changes to processes across the NOV ISE sites, this is to be done in a controlled manner applying project management methodologies.
• Lead quality circles to guide and empower employees to identify improvements thereby adopting change more readily.
• Apply 8D methodology to resolve problems and make improvements.
• Assist in creating a standard NOV Elmar manufacturing policy / user guide and operations system to enable further expansion of NOV Elmar through natural growth or acquisition.
• Support sites to improve their existing processes and implement new procedures to drive improvements in efficiency, lead-time reduction, as well as improvements to on-time-delivery and growth initiatives.
• Review current processes or process inputs with a view to ensuring uniformity and standardization throughout the NOV ISE sites.
• Support engineering with design for manufacturing activities.
• Using best industry practice, support or lead development and implementation of ;
? A standardised ISE Operations programme(s) and its introduction across the sites.
? Standardised KPI’s and a standardised ISE Operations visual management methodology where anyone can rapidly recognise the area’s key performance standards.
? Lean principles and continuous improvement (CI) methods.
? Departmental procedures, practices and processes in order to achieve optimum levels of efficiency at all times.
? Sustainable business process improvement that provides measurable positive financial impact.
? Problem rout cause analyses, and consequently adjustment of procedures and processes.
? Review and modification (if required) after implementation of the above.
• Determine and help establish the cultural and behavioural changes that are required to support new systems and processes.
• Assist in the creation of a continuous improvement focused network across the ISE sites.
• Follow and work according all company policies, procedures and the employee handbook.
• Travel when required both domestically and internationally in order to support the goals of the business or project.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
·Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines
·Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
·Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
·Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
·Be a process thinker able to create and manage effective systems
·Able to define, work within and improve business processes whilst exercising good judgement based on immediate and future business needs
·Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
·Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
·Aspiring and keen to advance within the organisation
Personal and Interpersonal
·Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
·Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit
·A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
·Ability to work with executives and shop floor operators to drive a teamwork mentality by communicating goals and progressing towards them
·Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
·Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
·MSc in Manufacturing or equivalent.
·Working knowledge of low high variance manufacturing
Skills, training or special knowledge
·Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
·Working knowledge ERP Systems
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76709510