Engineering Technical Support Assistant
Working within NOV’s PPS Gateshead Engineering team, the Engineering Technical Support Assistant will ensure the support tasks are actioned accordingly and in line with the Engineering team goals and procedures. You will provide key support services including all administrative aspects of engineering documentation deliverables, manage and maintain the company Product Lifecycle Management Software (Teamcentre) and create Bill of Materials. To be a successful Engineering Technical Support Assistant you will have the ability to contribute towards a team driven environment and have the initiative to work well as an individual. You will be keen to develop your project and business administration skills as well as your departmental process skills. As Engineering Technical Support Assistant, you will have excellent attention to detail, good time and quality management skills in order to assist with the successful completion of manufacturing production and New Product Development goals. You will be keen to develop your technical and engineering skills as well as departmental process skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the onsite Projects and Engineering Disciplines.
• Support the Engineering team on all administrative aspects of engineering documentation deliverables
• Understand and maintain the Company PLM software (Product Lifecycle Management)
• Create parts on the PLM system in line with company requirements
• Create BOMs under instruction for the Engineering team
• Control movement of documentation to and from Suppliers in an accurate and timely manner
• Liaise with Clients and Suppliers and third party verification groups as required, ensuring Customer and Supplier care is at the foremost position.
• Support Engineering Disciplines throughout product design stages
• Archive Engineering electronic and paper files as per working practices and processes.
• To maintain and review various databases including drawing and part number control databases, concession control database and design review certification database
• To issue drawings and technical information to other departments as required
• Directly support, where necessary, R&D Technicians in preparation for R&D activities and compilation/upkeep of R&D test files
• Assist with the preparation of test equipment
• Be familiar and comfortable working to written test specifications and in house development programs
• Be familiar and comfortable working with hydrostatic and gas test equipment
• Report writing in a timely and concise manner where necessary
• Maintenance and upkeep of R&D equipment and tooling
• Promote Continuous Improvement in the existing product range
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings
• To provide administration support and general housekeeping to the Engineering and New Product Development department
• Taking minutes from meetings as and when requested
• Be fully aware of personal workload, prioritise and organise to ensure deadlines are achieved.
• Ensure a high standard of professionalism is maintained and that customer care is foremost.
• Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and HSE Company Policy.
• Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes.
• Be fully familiar and conversant of systems and improvement in working practices and processes.
• Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times.
• Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
• Travel as and when required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
·Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
·Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty
·Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines
·Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
·Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
·Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
·Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
·Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
·Aspiring and keen to advance within the organisation
Personal and Interpersonal
·A strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
·Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
·ONC/HNC in a Mechanical background, Mechanical apprenticeship or equivalent
·Experience in a similar position
Skills, training or special knowledge
·Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
·Product Lifecycle Management Software
·Experience of 2D / 3D CAD systems
·Understanding of ISO 9001
·Experience in a product test environment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76709075