We are looking to hire an excellent financial professional with responsibility for all financial accounting activities with respect to one or several countries of Smiths Medical's EMEA region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Completes monthly financial reporting routines as a part of the financial closing process, including review and communication of the associated financial statements, along with consolidating these statements into the Smiths Group and Smiths Medical global reporting tools/processes.Ensures inter-company activity is timely and accurately accounted for, including preparing invoices as necessary, reconciling the associated accounts, confirming balances with other affiliates, and maintaining compliance with Smiths Medical's Transfer Pricing Policy.Supports the company's outsourced partner in preparing statutory accounting reports for the associated countries, including support for any associated audits.Interfaces with other Finance and business functions, such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Tax, to ensure sets of books are complete and accurate.Ensures all activities are undertaken with a clear audit trail which can be made available on request.Assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including but not limited to FDA, Quality Systems Regulations, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes).Pro-actively improving and undertaking effective business relationship with key interfaces.Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant or Part-Qualified working towards qualification (CIMA, ACCA). It is also acceptable to be a Qualified Accountant in Italy.
- Solid experience as a hands-on accountant (e.g. post journals, detailed accounts analysis, VAT analysis, Intrastat and ESL reporting, balance sheet and profit and loss preparation)
- Proficient in use of Excel spreadsheets, Outlook and Word.
- Experience of at least three years working in a financial department environment working in cooperation with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Customer Services (or equivalent).
- Management and delivery of Internal Auditors and External Auditors requests.
- Methodical, proactive and organized work practices.
- Oracle experience and knowledge preferred.
- Italian language knowledge is an advantage
Smiths Medical is a leading global provider of medical devices for the hospital, emergency, home and specialist environments. Our products are used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care during recovery, and in a series of high-end home infusion therapies.
We offer 11 of the most respected and easily recognisable brands within our portfolio: Portex™, Medex™, Deltec™, Level1™, Pneupac™, CADD™, BCI™, Jelco™, Medfusion™, Graseby™ and Surgivet™.
Smiths Medical employs some 7,850 people, with manufacturing concentrated in the US, the UK, Mexico, Germany, Czech, China and Italy. Most territories are serviced through wholly-owned local sales and distribution companies.
As part of Smiths Group plc, a FTSE 100 UK based company, Smiths Medical is well positioned to invest in continuous improvement, technological innovation and customer service.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76702392