Finance Manager - Contract
Butler Rose are working with growing SME in Oxford who are currently seeking a Finance Manager for a contract position for 12 months. My client is willing to offer between 25 hours and full time hours depending on the candidates requirements.
The role will involve working as part of a team led by the Financial Director to provide two main functions.
- Support and advise the ongoing needs of the team with the day to day functioning of the business financial processes. This will be part advisory and part hands-on to ensure all core functions remain robust.
- Process review, improvement as they move to transition the core finance processes to an outsource team. The business processes will need to be reviewed, simplified, controls added, and training plans in place.
The role will also include; Provide employees with the opportunities to develop and use skills t0 improve finance functions of the organisation, offer the freedom to staff to develop accounting methodologies and processes. Support Management/Project Accountant and Assistant Financial Accountant to maintain smooth running of finance operations. Handle financial control tasks that require experienced management is required. Oversee controls and processes to ensure robust delivery of financial services. Develop outsourcing programme (inc. timing, transition, controls, tests)
Requirements and Key Skills
- Minimum 5 years experience (QBE) and ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Ability to manage own and others time and work
- Working knowledge and experience using Accounting Software
- Outsource process development skills
- Process improvement skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office programs (including Word and Outlook)
- Ability to deal at a senior level within the organisation
- Self motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A genuine enthusiasm to work within busy department of a progressive company
- Experience working in an SME (Small to Medium Enterprise)
- Experience in working with process improvement (and ideally outsourcing)
- Relevant accounting qualifications or training
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76729102