Newly Qualified Actuary
Newly Qualified Actuary
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and Investment Company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity available for a Newly Qualified Actuary to join the Actuarial team based in Wilmslow. The Newly Qualified Actuary can have a background in one or some of the following areas: Financial Reporting (Solvency II, IFRS, EEV), With Profits Management, Capital Monitoring or Modelling.
- Undertake technical analysis using complex actuarial and analytical techniques.
- Checks work of a technical or complex nature, providing feedback to the originator.
- Identifies and make improvements to areas in processes which have a high level of risk or control failure.
- Challenge and make improvements and efficiencies to data, processes, procedures and documentation to make them more accurate and/or efficient.
- Seek and use innovative solutions to queries and problems.
- Provides insight and interpretation of data and results to colleagues across the department and the wider business.
- Manages the testing of changes to systems/processes.
- Responsible for checking and providing feedback on testing to the originator.
- Challenge and make improvements to systems/processes to enhance accuracy and/or efficiency.
- Provide actuarial support and leadership to projects as required.
- Inputs own ideas and make positive contribution to project.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Actuary (ie FIA or FFA) with excellent understanding of the actuarial concepts and techniques required to fulfil the role.
- Highly proficient in use of relevant computer systems and packages.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening.
- Highly numerate and excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of life and pensions products including competitors products.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Erik Snaathorst on or 0117-9331711
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76707257