This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the current and future business growth of a market leading manufacturer of agitators, static mixers and heat exchangers. Acting under the guidance of the Engineering Manager, you will utilise your technical knowledge and professional experience to contribute to the design and delivery of our products so that they successfully integrate into our customers’ working plant. You will produce technical solutions and detail design of equipment throughout all phases of a project lifecycle from proposals to completion. An appreciation of the commercial implications of engineering decision making, attention to accuracy and detail, ability to work effectively with other team members, a keen focus on delivery and the ability to turn fast paced, client-driven requirements into profitable solutions are all critical to success in this role. You will undertake all Mechanical Engineering activities required for the purpose of quoting, designing and satisfying customer requirements. You will take ownership of your projects. You should be keen to take on fresh challenges, develop your technical and interpersonal skills as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting projects. You will be dealing with a large number of small and medium sized projects and usually the Engineer undertakes all Engineering activities relating to each project and the management of that project through Engineering. Project timescales are usually short, often only a few weeks from order to shipment. Frequently the Engineer is responsible for more than one project at a time. The work includes undertaking calculations, producing drawings, Bills of Materials and documentation and resolving issues that arise at all stages.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design, develop and release customised customer-centric designs.
• Supervise the design work of other engineers or contractors when required
• Reduce cost of product and increased production throughput through new design, simplification etc.
• Verify designs through quick, valid and accurate engineering analyses.
• Produce and check Engineering documentation.
• Ensure all deliverables are technically in accordance with client requirements.
• Participate in internal design review meetings being aware of commercial implications.
• Follow internal Operating Procedures.
• Liaison with suppliers and creation of Purchasing Instructions.
• Manage the review and respond to client comments.
• Report any design changes which may have a cost or schedule impact to the relevant personnel.
• Occasionally attend and participate in client meetings.
• Provide timely and technically acceptable solutions to engineering queries eliciting appropriate support as necessary.
• Contribute to training and share your knowledge with your colleagues.
• Be fully aware of personal workload, prioritise and organise to ensure deadlines are achieved.
• Ensure a high standard of professionalism is maintained and that customer care is foremost.
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area and department.
• Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and HSE Company policy.
• Ensure equipment conforms to applicable Directives, including Machinery Directive, PED and ATEX.
• Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes.
• Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times.
• Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
• Travel is occasionally required as dictated by project needs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
Capable of keeping abreast of an evolving portfolio of products and services
Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
Able to supervise the design work of others
Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably
Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
Aspiring and keen to advance within the organisation
Personal and Interpersonal
Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
Honours Degree in an Engineering discipline
Tertiary education in an Engineering discipline
Experience in a similar position
Experience with mixing equipment Supervising other Engineers in the design process
Skills, training or special knowledge
Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word)
Proficient user of Solidworks or a comparable 3D CAD package
Participating in meetings
Ability to create engineering documents and drawings to enable manufacture without ambiguity
Ability to create effective designs and improve existing designs
Ability to develop and apply appropriate Engineering analyses
Have an understanding of common place industry materials and their application
SolidWorks 3D CAD software and EPDM
Knowledge of Machinery, PED, and ATEX Directives and their application.
Working knowledge of designing pressure equipment to common design codes (e.g. ASME VIII, ASME B31.3, EN13445)
Working knowledge of mathematical worksheet software (e.g. Mathcad)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76709121