Mechanical Design Engineers - Nottingham
We are looking for Design Engineers for an established Rail engineering company based in Nottingham. The Design Engineers will design and maintain cost effective and competitive products for this leading expert in Switches and Crossings, designing and manufacturing solutions for the Rail Infrastructure Industry based in Nottingham.
These roles are flexible for the level of experience the Designer has for the design and development of engineering products from the justification stage, through to provision of documentation and technical support in service. This includes the interfaces with related equipment, assembly, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
The Design Engineers will:
- Design, development and safety validation of engineering products for inclusion in rail track systems, ensuring lowest manufacture / installation costs are considered.
- Improvement of existing products, processes and design tools.
- Comparison of alternative design solutions.
- Producing designs for assessment and formal acceptance of product designs through signoff of drawings and reports.
- Ensure a more senior Engineer is consulted and informed regarding all emerging risks and opportunities relating to safety, programme, products or projects.
- Provision of high quality, accurate work to established drawing, technical or engineering standards.
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Quality and Process.
- Work to Design for Manufacture and also Design for Manual Assembly.
- Appreciation of product behaviour, manufacturability and maintainability issues.
- Identify process improvements in area of focus and raise these with supervisor.
- Timely, accurate and complete processing of allocated design tasks.
- Provide support to manufacturing operations to adjudicate on engineering compliance issues arising through NCRs or process change.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required.
- Degree / HNC / HND in a Mechanical Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience in a similar environment (Heavy Engineering).
- Good communication skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Innovative problem solver.
- Good knowledge of technical standards, codes and specifications.
- Working knowledge of the Rail Industry.
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Encouragement to work to Chartered Status.
- Pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role and have the Right to Work in the UK, please forward your CV and contact details to Philip Delaloye at or for more details call 01384446192. - Rail01
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76705607