Product Marketing Manager - Performance Chemicals
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
This is your opportunity to join the Agilent- Performance Chemical Business - a high performance team in Agilent's CSD business, that brings breakthrough technologies to the Immunodiagnostics market. The goal of the Performance Chemical Team is simple, focus on the customer, be an indispensable partner by providing great products while supporting the customer with know-how and expert support to help achieve their business outcomes. This position offers the opportunity to blend your expertise, business and marketing savvy, to implement the marketing strategy and grow the Performance Chemical business.
This position involves working and collaborating across multiple functions and geographies to meet business objectives. Be a key contributor to defining plans that lead to business expansion within existing and new accounts, extending the impact of our current technologies and defining the market needs for new product opportunities. This position requires strong technical, marketing skills, including an ability to understand customer needs and translate those needs into successful actions that drive business success and revenue growth.
- Responsible for the management of a product portfolio of high performance specialty magnetic and Latex microparticles, including development of new-product roadmap
- Developing programs to build market awareness and to generate lead development programs through advertising and participation in industry specific shows and symposium in collaboration with marketing communications counterparts
- Responsible for developing business plans with sales channel to implement the business strategy and achieve growth targets. Ensure forecasting accuracy, work with sales to providing guidance to manufacturing and financial impact of business planning
- The ability to analyze market data to identify trends/opportunities, be a subject matter expert helping to form strategic direction using market data and market analysis, for presentation to senior level managers to validate the growth focused market/product business strategies
- Be a key point of contact with the customer, network and engage with customers and opinion leaders. Participate in industry associations and key regulatory decision makers
- Use customer provided feedback to prioritize product roadmaps with R&D, to help define marketing communications and to provide guidance to sales to develop business opportunities
- Experience marketing to the diagnostics marketplace with specific expertise in immunodiagnostic and molecular diagnostics markets
- Experience working with customers that are developing diagnostic consumables utilizing magnetic and latex bead technology and/or experience with consumable and disposables product marketing in the diagnostic market space
- Demonstrated results in a Product Marketing role - provide market knowledge, represent the customer needs in support of the business strategies. Be a key lead in implementing marketing programs that generate growth and market share gains
- Ability to work collaboratively across business functions, use market knowledge to prioritize and implement effective programs that result in successful new product introductions which meet growth forecasts
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical relationships, internal and external collaborations with industry leading scientists
- Demonstrated critical thinking skill used to analyze market trends, conduct market research/intelligence gathering, analyze business performance data allowing for accurate trend assessments and forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to synthesis market data and communicate business performance
- Strong organizational skills demonstrating the ability to deliver to commitments ability to prioritize based on business goals and drivers
- Working and communicating in a worldwide, cross functional team environment which includes R&D, marketing, manufacturing, suppliers, sales, applications, etc.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in the Biological/Life Sciences such as Biochemistry, Immunology or equivalent plus relevant and practical experience as a marketing professional working in the field of Immunodiagnostic automation technologies. MBA desired but not required
- Training and development opportunities
- A commitment to work/life balance
- Total Compensation Package including medical and dental benefits, retirement programs and more
- A company with values around innovation and contribution, uncompromising integrity, trust, respect and teamwork, speed, focus, and accountability
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76701103