Web Application Developer
Our client is recruiting for a Software Developer to work in a globally distributed team involved in designing, developing and maintaining a web based banking product.
Your role is to carry out hands on development and work within an agile delivery team.
You will work throughout the project lifecycle including; helping translate functional requirements into performance secure and scalable technical solutions, implementation, testing and support. This may involve working with clients and third party vendors on occasion.
There is also be a requirement to visit other sites within the UK as part of project delivery on occasion.
The team is based across the UK and India, where English may not be the first language and therefore, your communication skills are as important as your technical ability.
You will be developing on the UI (Angular 4) and middle tiers (Java) web application that is integrated to other systems via Web Services, in an agile product team.
The ideal candidate
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written English)
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of the following development technologies:
- o Java
- o Angular 2+ (Typescript)
- o HTML 5/ CSS3
- o Bootstrap
- o WebAPI REST Services (JSON)
- o User interface design
- o Integrating with SOAP-XML services
- Demonstrable experience of communicating complex technical issues and solutions to an audience with a wide range of technical ability
- Experience of the full development lifecycle from business case/process modelling through to delivery and support for a live environment
- Experience of communicating with a global distributed team
Our client provides IT processes, and system solutions to retail banking and asset finance customers. We have operated across Europe, the Middle East, Far East, and Africa for over 40 years. We provide the opportunity to learn and develop new skills and contribute to the advancement of your field - thinking ahead begins now. We are committed to helping you grow and share your expertise while developing a diverse and esteemed network of colleagues from around Europe.
You'll also enjoy a competitive salary, pension scheme, and excellent benefits package.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959248036