Flexys is hiring for a Software Developer skilled in functional programming / Scala.
Appealing nationwide, we are offering relocation to Bristol, fast becoming the cloud computing hub of Europe and renowned for its high quality of life
Recently funded, we're building highly responsive and scalable applications that manage debt more effectively and provide a collaborative experience for consumers which aims to promote sustainable and positive outcomes.
We're now bringing together our engineering team to build out our digital engagement platform, applying machine learning and other AI techniques through Agile approaches. This is a back end oriented position, working primarily in Scala on event-driven systems such as Akka.
We're always open to new things and you can influence where we go and how we get there. At all times you'll have a lot of freedom in design, technology choice and influence over the platform architecture.
- Building a new microservice that provides sentiment analysis
- Designing a streaming API to support delivery of real-time analytics
- Implementing an event-driven integration to a telephony system
We're looking for
- A demonstrable interest in functional or reactive programming - e.g. substantive online learning / courses / tutorials, hobby projects, open source contributions or industrial experience
- Proven back end coding abilities, with a positive attitude to learning Scala, transferring from any of; Java (JVM), Python, Golang, Clojure, Haskell, C#, F# etc.
- A clear desire to learn and improve
- Enthusiasm, and informed opinions about modern software engineering practice
- You may be looking for functional programming / Scala jobs in Bristol such as: Scala Developer | Scala Software Engineer | Back End Scala Developer | Back End Software Engineer | Clojure Developer | Haskell Developer | F# Developer etc.
Current stack - we'll welcome your influence
Scala | Akka | Cassandra | Docker | Linux | and more
Salary and benefits
- £40,000 to £50,000 negotiable
- Discretionary relocation assistance
- Flexible working environment
- 30 days holiday | open source friendly IP Rights agreement | personal development budget available | conference involvement encouraged | time for open source contributions | on site cafe / restaurant | option to bring your own device | standing desks, supportive chairs, high quality screens, tea, coffee and the obligatory beer fridge
Flexys was formed in 2016 by a group of debt management solution specialists looking to dramatically improve on the status quo in the industry. This is a chance to be a formative team member, building things from the ground up and making a positive impact. We offer a flat team structure with responsibility and autonomy. We're hiring for people who share our beliefs in the functional style of programming and who are positive about improving their craft in software engineering.
Location: Future Space, UWE (well served by public transport, and with on-site parking)
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria at techfolk to find out more.
RECRUITERS: Flexys has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner and cold calling is not welcomed.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959251490