Project Manager - (Highways, Infrastructure, Structures)
Jackson is a multi-million pound civil engineering firm, working out of seven regional offices across the country. Our clients keep coming back because they know we always deliver.
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
Due to successfully winning more projects in the Region and increased workload, we are now on the lookout for a Project Manager in our Eastern Region. As we like employees to be within commutable distance from home, you will ideally be located around Cambridgeshire / Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire.
- Management of site staff, operatives and sub-contractors.
- Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and Project Management plans.
- Understand tender allowances and monitor contract loss against agreed budgets.
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of work.
- Foster good relations and reputation with clients.
- Manage design co-ordination.
- Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors.
- Manage contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion of contracts.
- Supervise, mentor and assist in the career development of junior staff.
Are you the person we are looking for?This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!The successful candidate will need to have over 10 years’ experience in civil engineering working on highways, structures, infrastructure and ideally flood and river protection. Experience of working with developers and schemes worth £7M - £10M would also be desirable. We’re after a team player who has excellent communication and people skills who have the ability to manage change.
Already experienced as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager, you will have a relevant industry qualification (HND/ HNC/ BEng) or equivalent and an up to date SMSTS qualification, and appropriate CSCS card. A First Aid at work qualification is desirable .
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.careerstructure.com/job/76701248