Technical Operations Manager
The purpose of this role is to have responsibility for the successful operational delivery of the Water service and installation streams.
- Responsible for all Water service and installation activity in the branch.
- Ensure adherence to the operational and customer KPIs and SLAs.
- Ensure that the budget is adhered to and all levels of expenditure are within the set sector targets.
- Liaise and support key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure high standards are maintained in respect of technical compliance to standards, health and safety and pay particular attention to statutory compliance across all building services in buildings / services provided.
- Close liaison with sales teams to create sound work winning process and develop and execute a process for establishing and growing reference sites.
- Ensure that all direct and indirect reports have suitable H&S training and adopt high standards in the completion of their work. Lead by example in the development of a “Safety Culture” within the team, with clients and with all parts of the Water division.
- Ensure full understanding of any changes and development in legislation and working practices that may affect the company’s operations and/or present new opportunities.
- Ensure that the team is appropriately resourced, informed, motivated and trained so that branch objectives are met in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Establish and maintain a framework for performance management, succession planning and the development of people within the branch.
- Effective structure providing clear job roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Personal objectives, linked to business objectives, for all relevant staff.
- Formal and ongoing performance reviews of contracts and individuals including management succession plans.
- Upward trend results in Interserve client satisfaction and staff survey.
- Staff retention, absenteeism and sickness levels within company agreed levels.
- Ensure that all contracts and operations comply with all company, legislative and best practice requirements, including Health, Safety, Environmental, Procurement and Employment practices.
- Ensure that weekly reporting is timely and accurate covering operational and client satisfaction.
- Contribute to the business planning process throughout the year to ensure profitable growth in the service provided.
- Achieve contract retention levels in accordance with agreed business plan and establish a pro-active regime to maintain customer relationships and establish Interserve as the clients preferred business-to-business service partner.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Substantial quantifiable and demonstrable experience in a similar role, with previous experience in Water management or supervision.
- Background in Water operations.
- Experience in financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis is preferable.
- Proven track record in successful people management including performance management and familiarity with operational HR process and procedure.
- Valid formal Health & Safety qualification e.g. IOSH (5day) / NEBOSH highly desirable.
- IT literate Management Information Systems, MS Word, Power point and Excel.
- Educated to ONC , HNC level or equivalent.
- Excellent leadership and motivational people management skills.
- Ability to work openly and collaboratively at all levels to maximise overall organisational health.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills.
- Task focussed as well as people centred.
- Excellent negotiation skills, based on strong commercial/financial acumen.
- Consultancy approach to service delivery.
- Highly focused and strong technical skills.
- Able to diagnose/analyse complex commercial and technical situations.
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to succeed.
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76683634