Assistant Management Accountant
Reports to: Group Finance Manager
Finance for the whole Future Group is centralised in Bath with all transactional processing management accounting and commercial analysis being completed by this team. The Management Accounts team is a key part of the Group Finance and is responsible for the preparation of the group's monthly results.
Job Summary & Purpose
This role forms part of the management accounts team, which is responsible for preparing the monthly accounts of the UK, US and Australian businesses, for review by commercial finance teams and senior management. This primarily focuses on monthly journal posting and close processes, balance sheet reconciliations and ad-hoc projects. The Assistant Management Accountant will also be expected to help identify areas for process improvement and help deliver and implement necessary changes in the month end close process This role provides an excellent opportunity to continue training towards a full professional-level accounting qualification and the candidate will be expected to play a key part of his/her training and development.
Key role responsibilities
* Prepare and post monthly general ledger journals to a tight deadline as part of the monthly accounts close process.
* Reconcile a portfolio of balance sheet accounts across the group on a timely basis every month.
* Work closely with the Commercial Finance team to help investigate any financial or reporting queries.
* Regularly communicate with other teams within finance and other departments in the UK, US and Australia to ensure smooth flow of financial information during the month end close process.
* Document procedures and assist in identifying and refining potential system and reporting improvements.
* Assist in the preparation of half-year and year-end group reporting packs and supporting schedules.
* Assist in the preparation of various national and international statutory and sales tax returns.
* Actively participate in own professional development and training, aiming to achieve full qualification within a reasonable period of time. Essential skills and experience
* We are seeking a part qualified candidate with at least 1 years management accounting experience
* Desire to complete the CIMA (or equivalent) qualification
* High attention to detail.
* Ability to work effectively as part of team and to work flexibly.
* Comfortable to work with a wide range of people across a business including non-financial managers.
* Self-motivating and ability to use own initiative.
* Ability to manage your own time effectively and work to tight reporting deadlines
* Excellent Excel skills.
* A proactive, self-starter
* Comfortable working in fast paced environment
Future plc is an international publishing and media group, and a leading digital business. Founded in 1985 with one magazine, today we have offices in London, Bath, Bournemouth, Bromsgrove, New York, San Francisco and Sydney. At Future we believe in teamwork that transcends location. Future is a global platform for specialist media with scalable, diversified brands. We strive to create fans of our brands by giving them a place where they want to spend their time, where they go to meet their needs; continuing to create loyal communities.
We are expanding our global reach through organic growth, acquisitions and strategic partnerships while diversifying our monetisation models to create significant revenue streams. Our focus is in the core areas of consumer technology, games & entertainment, music, knowledge & science, field sports, home interests and photography & design.
At Future, we're constantly innovating and we are passionate about what we do! Behind our titles is a team of world-class editorial, creative and tech talent working together to connect, inspire and entertain our global audience. Sitting alongside are a team of business specialists, commercial and enabling functions who support every aspect of Future's operations. With superbrands such as PC Gamer, TechRadar, GamesRadar+, MusicRadar & TeamRock, Future's digital properties complement its print portfolio, reaching millions of unique visitors globally each month. We have successful and growing revenue streams in international licensing, contract publishing, eCommerce and a rich portfolio of events.
We are an inclusive and equal opportunities employer which means we firmly believe that the best candidate will be successful in their application through a fair and transparent selection process based purely on their talents. Each person we hire will be successful not only based on their technical expertise but also for their behaviors, values and management & leadership potential for the future. We want to hire people that we would be happy to be our managers! Our values are intrinsic to our culture and during the selection process, you should be able to demonstrate why you'll be an asset to our team and enhance our culture when you join us - making Future an even more fantastic place to work! We are part of the audience and the community Our passion for our products makes us part of the community we engage with. Our audiences give us a voice and that's an incredible privilege that we treat with reverence. We embrace all the ways we are able to communicate to our audiences - print, online and in person - and love doing so. We are proud of our past and excited about our future We are proud to work at Future, because being part of this team feels good. We are one team, one company with big ambitions. We all row the boat No matter how long you've worked here, or what your role is at Future, your contribution counts - so grab an oar! We move faster when everyone pulls in the same direction. So what you do - and how you do it - matters. We take responsibility because that's the best way to get things done. We collaborate because we're stronger together. Let's do this! We take the best decisions we can in the face of uncertainty. It makes us think each decision through - then we go for it. We commit to what we've agreed and have the confidence to persevere through tough times. But we're able to admit mistakes because that helps us learn and chart a new course when we need to. That's called 'doing it right'. It's the people in the boat that matter Having the right team in the boat is mission critical. We are all successful when we are self-motivated, self-aware and self-disciplined. We support each other, challenge each other and have fun with each other. We are determined to hire people we can learn from and who we would have as our boss. Results matter, success feels good We love being successful. We restlessly look to improve, be ever creative, and unashamedly commercial in our ventures. Great results mean we are able to align the needs & expectations of our audiences, communities, clients and shareholders ________________________________________
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76686301