Senior Buyer - Soft Accessories
Due to ongoing success from the high-street, our client is looking to appoint a Senior Category Manager into their product team across soft accessories.
Our client is a successful supplier of childrens products, they aim to create a one-stop shop for retailers who are not only looking for extensive quality product ranges, but who seek great distribution, price and ongoing sales support.
As a Senior Category Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Have a vision for the departments buying strategy, planning a commercial product range that is in line with the company brand values, sales and margin targets.
- Establish key working relationships with Design, technical and supply chain in order to actively develop brand handwriting, communicating key product direction and trends whilst ensuring full product compliance with company and legal requirements.
- Ensure all product ranges are correctly built for the department.
- Have customer focused knowledge of the varying market and trends by regular competitive visits to help deliver a product range that is balanced and reflects customer requirements in terms of pricing, quality and fashionability.
- Productive travel management in line with the budget set and the company expenses policy.
- Take responsibility for identifying and setting a standard of excellence and best practice.
- Maximising sales and profit for given product department to meet agreed targets, through strong negotiation and development of global supplier relations.
- Monitoring and evaluation the performance of department against budget / forecast, constantly reviewing outstanding commitment identifying opportunities and risk.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Fashion, design, business qualification.
- Experience of planning and delivering a commercial range with a profitable model.
- A passion for product and an eye for detail.
- Experience with a clothing retailer/supplier.
- Planning and organising.
- Ability to Influence and relationship build with key stake holders.
- Commercial Acumen - Ability to judge the market and maximise sales and margin.
- Retail market knowledge - Have a good understanding of all aspects of the buying and design and quality.
- Product Knowledge - Have a clear understanding of commercial knowledge and demonstrate a passion for product quality and attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness - Show a good knowledge of the customer base and requirements.
- The ability to create environments where sharing ideas, issues and concerns is the norm.
- Ability to champion pace and simplicity.
- Ability to gain feedback from colleagues and customers.
- Ability to lead and motivate an ambitious and changing team.
- Presentation skills.
Competitive basic, plus car allowance dependent on experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76689226