Project Manager (Digital)
Project Manager (Digital)
Temporary 12 months - Full Time
We are presently recruiting for a Project Manager to support our IT Digital team on a 12 month temporary basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering multiple projects using the Software Delivery Lifecycle;
The successful candidate will have responsibility the following:
- Mobilisation - stand up the project team, mobilises resources and establish the project governance (within the agile / DSDM / Scrum framework)
- Plan - produce and maintain the project and milestone plan (detailing activities and critical path) to control and report progress,highlighting any deviances as appropriate (e.g. resource challenges).
- Project Logs - maintain an effective Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies & Change (RAIDC) log. All risks and issues to be accurately reported and mitigating actions identified / proactively progressed. Scope changes to be formally assessed for impact;
- Benefits & Costs - responsible for the tracking of the defined project benefits (highlighting and managing any risks to the benefits case) and control of costs within the agreed budget;
- Requirements & Solution - owns the content and quality of the requirements & solution design outputs and ensures alignment with the stated project outcome;
- Business Readiness - establishes that the solution and the transition plan for the business are ready for go live and that any outstanding deliverables are understood, agreed and assigned / de-scoped;
- Project Closure & Lessons Learned - achieves formal project close down and records all lessons learned to ensure that all key learning's are captured for future reference - recommending any immediate actions that may be appropriate.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Proven experience delivering IT Projects using a Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Must have extensive experience using an Agile methodology
- Experience of working on multiple and or large scale complex projects at any given time
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to engage at all levels - from project team members to senior stakeholders
- Must be highly collaborative and good team player
- Relevant Professional Qualification: DSDM (agile PM)/PRINCE2 Practitioner / APMP / PMI
- Computer literate - specifically in MS Office, Project & Visio (or other process modelling tool)
- Degree Level Qualification
- Knowledge of Scrum based methodologies
- Experience of working in a matrix managed / FCA regulated / insurance environment would be beneficial.
What We Offer
You'll get a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, car/car allowance, pension scheme, bonus, free HomeServe Cover 8 policy, benefits portal and awards scheme, subsidised restaurant, free onsite parking, a relaxed dress code and the opportunity to be involved in a variety of charitable/volunteer work.
You'll work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You'll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers' lives.
Could you be who we're looking for?
It's our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.
This is an exciting time to join HomeServe. We've been named as the third best place to work in the UK by Glassdoor, based solely on the input of our People. Glassdoor also placed HomeServe as one of the top three companies in the UK for maintaining a good work life balance. We've also been recognised as the 'Most improved company in the UK forCustomer satisfaction in the services sector' in surveys by the Institute of Customer Service.
To learn more about our People, careers and the benefits of working at HomeServe, visit https://www.homeserve.com/uk/careers-hub. You can also learn more about HomeServe on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and check us out on Glassdoor.co.uk!
HomeServe is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and we are also happy to discuss flexible working for all of our jobs.
Only agencies on our PSL can provide us with CVs when instructed by our in-house recruitment team. We therefore are not in a position to accept any speculative CVs from agencies who are not on our PSL. If we become aware of unsolicited CVs being sent to us we will accept these as direct applications and process accordingly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76694268