Information Security Specialist
This is a newly created role forsomeone looking to develop into a more senior role. We are looking for someonewith experience of operating an ISO27001 Information Security Management System(ISMS).
- Operating an Information Security Management System (ISMS) for the Central Government and Defence systems and processes, aligned with and interfacing with Group and Divisional/Customer systems.
- Ensure that the Training & Awareness Programme is carried out.
- Ensures that the ISMS content remains current.
- Carry out internal audits and facilitate external ISMS audits.
- Support HMG Customer Requirements.
- Undertake incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Arrange for health and configuration checks of deployed infrastructure to ensure configurations conform to the ISMS.
- Compiling regular weekly and monthly information security reporting.
- Maintains a forward schedule of all planned information security audit activities.
- Promotion of security standards and compliance
- Participate in new contract mobilisations to ensure certification of said new contract certifications.
- Willing to expand knowledge & scope into specialist security areas eg MOD Accreditation, RMADS etc.
- Ensure that security controls remain in alignment with good practice frameworks, e.g. ISO27001/2, Cyber Essential Plus, ISF Standard of Good Practice. Report on the implementation of controls and measurement of their success.
What we are looking for
- Experience of maintaining information security systems to maintain ISO27001
- Knowledge of information security, ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials Plus scheme and information risk management;
- Experience in auditing compliance with policies and procedures
- Communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to think independently, make decisions where appropriate and manage aggressive deadlines;
- Analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently;
- Working towards an information security qualification (e.g. CISM)
- High level of personal integrity and the ability to handle confidential matters, showing an appropriate level of judgment.
- Able to work with multiple departments & teams with differing priorities.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work openly and collaboratively
- Interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Embrace and drive change
- Be innovative in approach and look for opportunities to improve processes
- Energy, drive and fairness;
- Flexible, versatile and adaptable;
- Comfortable in a change environment;
- Focus on detail and completion;
- Commitment to continuous improvement;
- Responsible, accountable and customer focussed;
- Results driven with focus on dead-lines;
- Well organised and efficient;
- Able to apply for various security clearances.
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76677564