IT Infrastructure Engineer
Blatchford is an award winning rehabilitation provider, who are proud to be industry leaders in the market with specialists around the world and the leading supplier of services and products to the NHS.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer, to join our expert IT team based at our Head Office in Basingstoke and take responsibility for network and server administration across our entire company network.
The successful candidate will be proactive in their approach with excellent problem solving skills. They will be a confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels and teams across the business. They will have the ability to work to tight deadlines and will be able to prioritise well, with a flexible attitude. They will have excellent attention to detail and be able to work independently on their own initiative, learning quickly and proactively developing their own skills.
Previous experience in providing IT support particularly relating to servers, telecommunications, networks and hard/software is essential, as well as experience in exchange/office 365 management and experience of server configuration, IP Management, back up, Active Directory policy and user management. Experience of implementing and configuring server and network hardware is also essential.
The successful applicant will also have a good understanding of LAN/WAN design and of systems management tools (such as KACE). They will understand VMWare virtualisation configuration and support, and be able to support and test disaster recovery processes effectively.
They will use these skills and experiences to take responsibility for administration and innovation in an infrastructure engineer role, including:
• Managing and delivering projects and systems upgrades, meeting timescales and within budgets
• Ensuring systems are monitored and work effectively on a day to day basis
• Exchange/ Office 365 management
• Proactively monitor servers, performance and traffic analysis to anticipate problems before they arise
• Supporting disaster recovery implementation and assisting with regular testing
• Server configuration, IP management, back up and active directory user management.
• Providing new and upgraded WAN infrastructure for new and existing sites.
• Assisting with technological planning through ongoing research and trials
• Identifying business needs in relation to IT, suggesting and trialling new solutions.
• Creating technical documentation to support implemented solutions and providing training when required to others within the team
• Mentoring service desk to raise skills
In return we offer a competitive package, excellent benefits and the opportunity to work as part of an expert IT team, with real scope to develop within the role. This is a full time, permanent role; working hours are 36.5 hours per week on Monday to Friday with an early finish on a Friday.
If this sounds the right role for you and you are keen to join an industry leader where you can really make a difference as part of a great IT team, please forward your CV to Laura Mann or contact Laura in confidence for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76675961