Junior DBA Developer
Leidos Europe, part of Team Leidos, are looking for a Junior DBA Developer to join their Information Systems Team.
Team Leidos is honoured to support the UK MOD’s Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCS[T]) programme, a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain.
The role is based in the Leidos Europe Head Office in Bristol.
The Role Holder will;
- Work alongside the Senior DBA in supporting Oracle Databases for EDW and across the enterprise
- Work within the EDW/BI Team to build and maintain the Enterprise Data Warehouse across the DBA, ETL and BI domains, which could include PL/SQL, DataStage and Cognos development
- Work with the testing team to give technical support to test activities
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior DBA in day-to-day activities supporting the Oracle Databases (Oracle 11g, 12c)
- Assist the Senior DBA in support of any other database activities such as support of non-Oracle databases (some SQL Server, MySQL), support with application upgrades, data migrations etc
- Assist the Senior DBA in support of EDW development, development of PL/SQL
- Assist the Testing team with technical activities such as manual execution of jobs
- Deployment of EDW code (DBA, DataStage, Cognos) across environments.
- Support of testing and live environments (defect fixing, scheduling, backups, monitoring job schedules).
- Assist with development and testing of IBM DataStage jobs within existing frameworks against the design specifications.
- Assist with development and testing of PL/SQL packages and shell scripts to support the ETL framework.
- Assist with maintaining the data dictionary (IBM Information Governance Catalog).
- Assist with report design and development (IBM COGNOS).
Would suit someone with some related experience that is looking to grow into either a DBA or ETL developer role.
- Some experience with Oracle 11g or 12c and basic understanding of Database concepts and DBA tasks
- Some software development experience with a recognized language
- Some Linux/Unix experience
- Willing to learn on the job and flexible enough to take on a variety of activities
- Oracle PL/SQL development.
- Experience with other DB platforms, e.g. SQL Server, MySQL.
- ETL development with one or more ETL tools, e.g. DataStage, Informatica, BODS, SSIS etc.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse design, dimensional models, star schemas.
- Understanding of XML, XML Schema.
- Linux/Unix shell scripting (Ksh or Bash).
- Experience with reporting tools such as COGNOS, OBIEE, Business Objects or similar.
Minimum Qualification/Education Level:
- 1+ years of related work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Active UK SC clearance (or higher) or able to obtain a UK SC clearance within 3 months.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76667084