Test & Validation Engineer
This is a key position working alongside the development team validating both hardware (functional and environmental) firmware and software using the design specifications.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to test our products to their limits and beyond. Products are to be tested to ensure they meet the specification and continue to operate in a safe manor when used in unexpected ways. All testing is to be accurately documented and include details of how to recreate any problems found.
Additionally, the individual will be tasked to come up with innovative ways help improve testing speed and accuracy using automation or other methods.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Using the product specification to establish and agree test plans
- Testing user interface, inputs, outputs, settings, profiles, parameters, etc. so basic knowledge of electronics / software / firmware would be an advantage.
- Documenting the test specification at project start detailing special case user testing
- Using FMEA to determine test strategy.
- Assist with prototype builds and product first batch validation.
- Maintain and improve standardised test procedures for standard case user testing.
- Test products during development and at key test stages of project in a timely manner.
- Continually work with manufacturing and R&D teams to improve product quality, reliability, and overall customer satisfaction incl. tasks from VAVE projects
- Work with the development team to create automated testing of the hardware, firmware and software.
- Report writing with focus on corrective action, highly organised and able to cope with multiple products and test to a high level of repeatable quality without missing anything.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76688355